Language, language development, language acquisition ....

I don’t see that RM:AO has anything to do with it. To me languages are a subset of the set of all interactions. It is instinctive to attempt communication, but most structured communication, “languages”, are taught. So instinct gets the effort started and society eventually structures the effort into a formal language.

So I guess that I would have to go with (B3) - both.

Without it human beings would not have come into the world:

=>#

Why do humans have their language?

1. Language is a very much elaborated form of communication (information system) - there is an interdependence between language and communication (information system).
  2. Language serves and supports thinking - there is an interdependence between language and thinking.
    1 + 2) Language is a cultural tool - there is an interdependence between language and culture.

Without language humans would almost exclusively be like animals: (1) they would not speak but merely communicate like animals; (2) they could not have philosophy and other elaborated systems of thinking; (1 + 2) they would not have their own cultural tool, the typical human tool for culture.

For example:

If you are capable of using fire, then you are powerful and can defend yourself against all animals, sit at your bonfire and talk with other hunters about the hunt, about the past and the future, thus you have more leisure, more luxury; and this gives you and your culture a push in all directions, especially in spritual / intellectual directions, and then a feedback from all those directions.

Language has an innate and a non-innate feature. The capability of language learning is an innate feature, but if the environment of the said infant is without language, then this infant will not learn any language, and if an adult has never had any language experiences, then the language learning is almost impossible for this adult. So there is a critical point of time as a border for the capability of language learning. The capability of language learning gets lost (the older a human becomes the more the capability of language learning gets lost), generally and especially, if there is no language environment, no possibility of language exercises.

The workload and the speed of a little child’s language learning are not to top after the age of that little child who learns the language for the first time.

Language is more than communication. The science of language is called “linguistics”. The following Illustration shows linguistics as the system of language within the “universe of the eight greatest systems” (physics, chemistry, economy, semiotics, linguistics, philosophy, mathematics):

8_w.jpg

Seems odd that in that picture biology and economics are on the same level. :confusion-scratchheadblue:

And where is Governance? :-k

Yes, but it merely seems so. I had to decide whether I name that system “economics” or “politics” or “sociology”, and I decided to name it “economics”. The word “economics” has its roots in the Ancient Greek words “oikos” (“house”, “flat”, “home”) and “nomos” (“law”). This is close to “SAM”, isn’t it? :slight_smile:

So the governance is in the system “economics”.

And biology and economics are on the same level (2) and also not on the same level (II and III):

8_w.jpg
Physics: 1a and Ib.
Chemistry: 1b and IIa.
Biology: 2a and IIb.
Economics: 2b and IIIa.
Semiotics: 3a and IIIb.
Linguistics: 3b and IVa.
Philosophy: 4a and IVb.
Mathematics: 4b and Ia.

1. Anorganic.
  2. Organic.
  3. Mental.
  4. Spriritual.
    I) Order (means mainly ordinary mode of being).
    II) Matter (means mainly material mode of being).
    III) Function (means mainly functional mode of being).
    IV) Consciousness (means mainly conscious or phenomenal mode of being).

Although the word “economics” can be used in a variety of ways, unless very obviously differentiated, it refers to money. And when money is used to govern without the other two segments of governing, it degrades into nothing but extortion - modern USA and Europe.

Perhaps “Sociology” would fit better?

Arminius, are you writing this for yourself?
Because almost all posts are yours. it is not to get opinions, or information, I think.

Not really.

I am just trying to make the thread more interesting. Most ILP members are not interested in linguistics - and, by the way, also not interested in demography or in comparison of economics with sociology or psychology. They are not even interested in philosophy.

I agree that a whole lot of people visiting fora are doing so because they want to gain recognition. But still, if you would have stuck to your initial idea, I think I would have understood better what you want here. Could you explain it in a few sentences to one as dull witted as I?

Sociology does not contain all economical aspects, and if we want to know the reasons for e.g. extortion, then we primarily have to accept the economical facts, regardless whether we want to or not.

Yes. That’s how it is.

As far as I remember I started this thread in order to bring more philosophy to ILP by telling about the most important basics of philosophy.

A commendable effort, but I think you are not so good at explaining and making a topic attractive to posters is a skill that I lack as well. Getting posters to look up what they are saying first is what i keep trying to accomplish, but that is a hard thing indeed.

In my job as a private teacher I have to explain very much, and I am pretty sure that I am good at explaining. :sunglasses:

On ILP the situation is a bit different:

Unfortunately ILP has not much to do with explaining, because most ILP members just want recognition and nothing beside it. And unfortunately I have to translate all my thoughts into a foreign language. I am not looking for excuses, because I have to admit that I do not want to address many but merely some ILP members, namely those who are really interested in the topic of the thread.

So actually I am not much interested in making a topic attractive to posters.

They are either interested or not interested.

… The promotion of doubt, suspicion, fear, hatred, and death.

Maturity ≡ knowing that all things in society are done with purpose.
Paranoia ≡ believing one knows who is doing it.