ILP vs KT debate?

Use this forum to suggest topics, and to find others to debate with.

Re: ILP vs KT debate?

Postby A Shieldmaiden » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:47 am

Yeah, that 'sameness' is a killer on KT and without regular contributions from Satyr, it seems to have lost its edge, but reading what he said he is not entirely opposed.

……….I think I've already made my promise public:
I will no longer waste my time on those who are clueless.
I will not respond, nor engage, anyone who cannot, at the very least, give me a short encapsulation of what he thinks my positions are, before he proceeds to dismantle, and debunk them, to his heart's content.

I've been through this game of taunting and then empty posturing, words with no backing, hundreds of times before; mental acrobatics from those lacking integrity and honesty, trying to deal with their own anxieties, their deep fears.
I'm not going to waste my time on retards, with a chip on their shoulder, and a thesaurus in their back pocket, any more (google is good enough)... I owe it to myself.
I deserve more.
More...or nothing.

That seems reasonable.
Last edited by A Shieldmaiden on Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
The man that walks his own road, walks alone

Old Norse Proverb
A Shieldmaiden
Philosopher

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:51 am

It could be one's instinct to look at the people he seems to be referencing there and make some assumption about them...but those are not the words of the people he's debated. Those are his words. So when you read them, you should think about him and what they say about him.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby A Shieldmaiden » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:54 am

So when you read them, you should think about him and what they say about him.

I do.

Does that translate into you are also unwilling?

Seems like ILP do not want to engage just as much as KT do not.

Reminds me of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4trn2lJxl00
The man that walks his own road, walks alone

Old Norse Proverb
A Shieldmaiden
Philosopher

Postby surreptitious57 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:36 am

A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57
Philosopher

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:29 am

Outsider wrote:Haha, for now at least nobody on KT is willing to participate. Most find it beneath them. Understandable. I also embrace the elitist philosophy, but to a lesser extent. I don't think all opinions are equal.

Anyway, it's pointless to discuss details of debate until we get at least 3 people willing to debate... which I doubt is going to happen. But let's wait and see.

I already talked to him, over on his site, and I know him from earlier on NietzscheForum. I'm not exactly impressed with his Satanic Neo-Pythagorean outlook, barely registers as philosophy.

Satanic Neo-Pythagorean? Are you just making turds up, or are you just a reTurd?

HaHaHa your writing style is way too conspicuous for you to go under the radar. For one, the misplaced 'wheres' would be an easy and sure way to identify you. I'm also positive that you have no clue what the KT position on nihilism is.

EDIT: conspicuous, not inconspicuous... silly me.

Is that so? Try me. I read Satyr's posts from time to time when I get extremely bored much as I would derive entertainment from reading comics.

Apparently for Satyr anything that is not Satyr's philosophy is nihilism.
Civilization is a ship of fools headed to a one way destination of catastrophe and annihilation, its many captains populated by asshole-idiots that all agree it is unsinkable.

Mictlantecuhtli
Nihilistic Mystic And Hermit

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:34 am

Is_Yde_opN wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:
Outsider wrote:
I am also positive that you have no clue what the KT position on nihilism is

The KT position on nihilism is actually very well documented. It is totally against it in all of its various manifestations
I have listened to two of Satyrs twelve part monologue on it. And the mission statement expressly states that the site
is proudly anti nihilistic. It can not be any more explicit than that. So why you think Ha has no clue I just do not know

Not so much whether nihilism is good or bad but that Ha is rather nihilistic and that the pope is rather nihilistic too.

Yeah, on KT Catholicism is nihilistic along with birthday parties, dogs chasing cats, and children at the end of the street selling lemonade. Everything is nihilism!
Civilization is a ship of fools headed to a one way destination of catastrophe and annihilation, its many captains populated by asshole-idiots that all agree it is unsinkable.

Mictlantecuhtli

Postby AutSider » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:51 pm

HaHaHa wrote:Yeah, on KT Catholicism is nihilistic along with birthday parties, dogs chasing cats, and children at the end of the street selling lemonade. Everything is nihilism!

No.

Nihilism is reality denial, a philosophical position usually resulting from a psychological condition of not being capable of coping with reality as it is and so inventing numerous fabrications and lies about reality in order to make it more tolerable, and present them as reality, while claiming that what reality actually is, is a lie, or a human construct, etc. It is a disconnection from reality only possible in sheltering environments.

One example of nihilism is belief in objective morality, that morality is not a survival tool humans evolved, but that there is a moral code to be followed that is objective, outside of subjective (human) minds and independent from it.
The reality is that there is no objective morality.
Belief in objective morality is thus nihilistic, as it denies reality, and it is often a product of an individual's inability to cope with the absence of morality in the objective world, so they lie to themselves that it isn't really absent. Similar to how the belief in afterlife is formed, an inability to cope with the idea that our existence is not infinite. Another example of a nihilistic belief.

I think that where you'd disagree with KT, HaHaHa, is that while on KT an absence of universal moral code is acknowledged, it is not taken as an excuse to completely surrender to nature and not have any moral principles, and it is not considered something to be complained about, but something positive because it gives us a chance to construct our own principles instead of being forced to blindly follow what is presented to us without the option of criticizing or questioning or choosing differently.

That's it in short.
AutSider
BANNED

Postby Moreno » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:47 pm

And so you have your debate, HHH.
Moreno
ILP Legend

Postby Amorphos » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:22 pm

outsider

Nihilism is reality denial, a philosophical position usually resulting from a psychological condition of not being capable of coping with reality

I have known people who don't deny reality but just think it is shit, and there has been nothing they could do to change their situation. This is especially true as concerns ones upbringing or if they are orphans etc. you can't command the world as much as we would like to, then equally the world IS going to bring you and your loved ones to old age, disease and then death. There isn't a way to ultimately defeat it.

To blame people for responding negatively to having suffered far more adversity than anyone could handle [even satyr and his ilk], is absurd.

There may be cases where it is people being weak minded, but usually you had to be that before seeing that you don't want to be that. Give them a chance! Or shit on their face – I am not sure which would be most effective :lol:
The truth is naked,
Once it is written it is lost.
Genius is the result of the entire product of man.
The cosmic insignificance of humanity, shows the cosmic insignificance of a universe without humanity.
the fully painted picture, reveals an empty canvas
Amorphos
ILP Legend

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:28 pm

Outsider wrote:
HaHaHa wrote:Yeah, on KT Catholicism is nihilistic along with birthday parties, dogs chasing cats, and children at the end of the street selling lemonade. Everything is nihilism!

No.

Nihilism is reality denial, a philosophical position usually resulting from a psychological condition of not being capable of coping with reality as it is and so inventing numerous fabrications and lies about reality in order to make it more tolerable, and present them as reality, while claiming that what reality actually is, is a lie, or a human construct, etc. It is a disconnection from reality only possible in sheltering environments.

One example of nihilism is belief in objective morality, that morality is not a survival tool humans evolved, but that there is a moral code to be followed that is objective, outside of subjective (human) minds and independent from it.
The reality is that there is no objective morality.
Belief in objective morality is thus nihilistic, as it denies reality, and it is often a product of an individual's inability to cope with the absence of morality in the objective world, so they lie to themselves that it isn't really absent. Similar to how the belief in afterlife is formed, an inability to cope with the idea that our existence is not infinite. Another example of a nihilistic belief.

I think that where you'd disagree with KT, HaHaHa, is that while on KT an absence of universal moral code is acknowledged, it is not taken as an excuse to completely surrender to nature and not have any moral principles, and it is not considered something to be complained about, but something positive because it gives us a chance to construct our own principles instead of being forced to blindly follow what is presented to us without the option of criticizing or questioning or choosing differently.

That's it in short.

Debate me here:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=190087

Mictlantecuhtli

Previous

Return to Challenges