Ecmandu's advice on genies and gods

For intuitive and critical discussions, from spirituality to theological doctrines. Fair warning: because the subject matter is personal, moderation is strict.

Moderator: Dan~

Ecmandu's advice on genies and gods

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:59 pm

I've met just about every type of being that exists in existence.

They come to you with un-fucking-believable power!

Then eventually, they'll ask what you want.

What I figured out over decades of trial and error, is that they can't do one thing, the one thing that evidences the benevolence of their power.

If you even meet one of these beings, this is my advice to you; say this to them:

Maintain everyone's individuality but let no consent ever get violated on each brings own terms.

They get furious! Because you just proved they aren't omnipotent on the one thing that matters to all beings. Watch them writhe and squirm as they couldn't trick you.

They'll say things like "I could do that if I wanted to, I just don't want to"

Or: it's your karma that I can't do that

Or: how can I possibly do that?

Then tell them to turn all of our eternal forms into hyper dimensional mirrors.

They'll huff and puff.

I've never met a real god to this day.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Re: Ecmandu's advice on genies and gods

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:58 pm

Ecmandu wrote:I've met just about every type of being that exists in existence.

They come to you with un-fucking-believable power!

Then eventually, they'll ask what you want.

What I figured out over decades of trial and error, is that they can't do one thing, the one thing that evidences the benevolence of their power.

If you even meet one of these beings, this is my advice to you; say this to them:

Maintain everyone's individuality but let no consent ever get violated on each brings own terms.

They get furious! Because you just proved they aren't omnipotent on the one thing that matters to all beings. Watch them writhe and squirm as they couldn't trick you.

They'll say things like "I could do that if I wanted to, I just don't want to"

Or: it's your karma that I can't do that

Or: how can I possibly do that?

Then tell them to turn all of our eternal forms into hyper dimensional mirrors.

They'll huff and puff.

I've never met a real god to this day.

You also have to know this when speaking to them:

It is impossible for a single being to look over an infinite or completely, even a finite number of beings

Existence = otherness

BUT!

An all powerful omnibenevolent being can certainly make an infinite number of copies of itself, one for each being, and still be able to be the genie/God that can grant this wish.

Don't be tricked by their games.

If you have trouble with the debate, just send them to me.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Dan~ » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:20 am

A large portion of reality is an illusion.
I like http://www.accuradio.com , internet radio.
https://dannerz.itch.io/ -- a new and minimal webside now hosting two of my free game projects.
Dan~
ILP Legend

Location: May the loving spirit of papa hitler watch over and bless you all.

Postby Prismatic567 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:34 am

Dan~ wrote:A large portion of reality is an illusion.

I would say the whole-of-reality [including the person] is real while at the same time it is an illusion depending on the relevant perspectives.

Note 'Maya'

Maya (/ˈmɑːjə/; Devanagari: माया, IAST: māyā), literally "illusion" or "magic",[1][2] has multiple meanings in Indian philosophies depending on the context.

In ancient Vedic literature, Māyā literally implies extraordinary power and wisdom.[3]

In later Vedic texts and modern literature dedicated to Indian traditions, Māyā connotes a "magic show, an illusion where things appear to be present but are not what they seem".[2][4]
Māyā is also a spiritual concept connoting "that which exists, but is constantly changing and thus is spiritually unreal", and the "power or the principle that conceals the true character of spiritual reality".

-wiki

It would be stupid to merely insist all of reality is an illusion, thus the oncoming train on the track one is standing on, is an illusion.
In one relevant perspective, all of reality is not an illusion. But at the same time in another perspective all-that-is-real is an illusion.

Thus it is more realistic to accept p and not-p existing at the same time but not in the same sense/perspective [which is not a contradiction].

What is wisdom is one's ability to toggle between p and not-p to suit the relevant perspective to optimize one's well being and that of the collective.
I am a progressive human being, a World Citizen, NOT-a-theist and not religious.
Prismatic567
Philosopher

Postby surreptitious75 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:09 am

Dan wrote:
A large portion of reality is an illusion

The perception of reality can be an illusion but not reality itself because something cannot be both real and unreal at the same time
Even if our perception of it is an illusion we cannot manipulate it or exist outside of it so have no choice but to treat it as if it is real
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious75
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:20 am

"Ecmandu's advice on genies and gods"

What about Jinns?
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get that time back, and I may need it for something at some point in time. Wait! What?

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Gloominary » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:41 am

Gloominary
Philosopher

Postby Prismatic567 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:52 am

surreptitious75 wrote:
Dan wrote:
A large portion of reality is an illusion

The perception of reality can be an illusion but not reality itself because something cannot be both real and unreal at the same time
Even if our perception of it is an illusion we cannot manipulate it or exist outside of it so have no choice but to treat it as if it is real

Things can be real and unreal at the same time but in a different sense.

To express the fact that the law is tenseless and to avoid equivocation, sometimes the law is amended to say "contradictory propositions cannot both be true 'at the same time and in the same sense'".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_noncontradiction

There are critical times where what is most real to us must be unreal at the same time but in a different sense for a good reason.

For example a piece of crude diamond exists as 'hard' and 'soft' at the same time but in different senses.
If we take an ordinary knife or cutter we cannot cut the diamond [sense 1], but if we have an electron laser knife we can penetrate the diamond easily like butter [i.e. relatively soft in that sense 2].
I am a progressive human being, a World Citizen, NOT-a-theist and not religious.
Prismatic567
Philosopher

Return to Religion and Spirituality