Capitalism has shown that it's war

For discussions of culture, politics, economics, sociology, law, business and any other topic that falls under the social science remit.

Capitalism has shown that it's war

Postby Ecmandu » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:55 pm

Capitalism and capitalists have no desire to simply compete in the marketplace.

For example: why are we at war with Afghanistan?

We don't want them to use their own resources in a capitalist society... their resources? Heroin and lithium, you know lithium? The stuff that charges all of our electronics ...

Afghanistan has the worlds best deposits of lithium.

Afghanistan has the worlds best supply of heroin

I hear people try to intelligently discuss capitalism as if there's anything to be said that isn't about a shell game.

Khidafi was murdered because he wanted Libya on the gold standard.

Terrible guy right? No, he was a fucking Saint.

All capitalism cares about is monopoly, and if they can't win in their own game, they turn it into militarism.

The capitalist experiment is over, it's a weed to pluck from the ground.

What works for people is a liberal democracy.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Re: Capitalism has shown that it's war

Postby Prismatic567 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:48 am

I am a Yin-Yang person.
I do not believe in 100% of or the need to be dogmatic to any specific ideology.

Other than ideology that are determined to be evil, we should not ignore the range of ideologies with good and positive potentials.
Thus we have should not ignore capitalism, communism, etc. completely but rather extract the positives from whatever ideologies and blend [complement] them within existing conditions and constraints of SWOT to maintain a consistent dynamic optimality.

What is more critical is for humanity to operate from bottom-up [individuals] rather than to be imposed top-down on everyone.
In this case, it meant developing the full potential of each individuals and let them co-operate on whatever is necessary and thus enabling the optimal ideology-mix to emerge.
Developing the full potential means increasing the IQ, EQ, spiritual quotient, wisdom quotient, philosophical quotient, whatever relevant quotients via the effective neural algorithm within one's brain.
I am a progressive human being, a World Citizen, NOT-a-theist and not religious.
Prismatic567
Philosopher

Postby Ecmandu » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:48 am

Prismatic567 wrote:I am a Yin-Yang person.
I do not believe in 100% of or the need to be dogmatic to any specific ideology.

Other than ideology that are determined to be evil, we should not ignore the range of ideologies with good and positive potentials.
Thus we have should not ignore capitalism, communism, etc. completely but rather extract the positives from whatever ideologies and blend [complement] them within existing conditions and constraints of SWOT to maintain a consistent dynamic optimality.

What is more critical is for humanity to operate from bottom-up [individuals] rather than to be imposed top-down on everyone.
In this case, it meant developing the full potential of each individuals and let them co-operate on whatever is necessary and thus enabling the optimal ideology-mix to emerge.
Developing the full potential means increasing the IQ, EQ, spiritual quotient, wisdom quotient, philosophical quotient, whatever relevant quotients via the effective neural algorithm within one's brain.

We're both talking over each other when we mean the same thing; except yin yang, I don't believe that.

Capitalists have 0% interest in competition, all they care about is corporate welfare monopolies. Which they are getting.

I want to explain democracy for you:

It's defined as "something comes to a vote, and the majority wins"

Now here's the rub, and the other point you made about enlightened society:

It's impossible to have a democracy without an educated electorate.

So actually, prismatic, we agree not only about the individual mattering, we espouse enlightened society in that context.

Now, about your yin yang... for example, I don't buy that an infinite number of people need to be in hell forever, in order for an infinite number of people to be in heaven forever. I find the universe more positive than negative ... like how matter survived all the collisions with anti matter, and reigns supreme. Like I said, more positive than negative.

That's not yin yang
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby barbarianhorde » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:49 pm

Evolution is kind of warlike.

Fukuyama said we are at the end of evolution. Or history, whatever. Same thing.

He also favours liberal democracy.

Maybe you're right. Maybe capitalism is over.
It is true that liberty is precious; so precious that it must be carefully rationed.
~ Владимир Ильич Ульянов Ленин

THE HORNED ONE
barbarianhorde
Philosopher

Return to Society, Government, and Economics