11 Police Officers Shot - Obama to Blame!

Yeah, everybody passes blame to everybody else, but sometimes that passage of blame is particularly evil and outrageous.

They are not alone. Blacks Lives Matter have their heads shoved up their asses too. If they didn’t, you wouldn’t have disgruntled Republicans calling for “war”.

Give them a whole State as this is also what the US has promoted as a reasonable course of action in others nations with ethnic divisions.

Well, the US did something like that with native Americans, and it wasn’t exactly a huge success.

Not true.

I will give you a few examples.

America was the basis for the founding of Czechoslovakia in 1918 - a country which was very successful between the wars.

It was the basis for Japanese prosperity after the Second World War.

The Marshall Plan was better than any occupied country could expect.

It has inspired numerous independence movements. Most notably the French Revolution.

Failure doesn’t stop the US from promoting it as a reasonable course of action in other countries (promote an ideology and you die on that ideology).

Phyllo, people would rather have an arrogant arsehole on their side than an arrogant arsehole as an enemy (even arrogant arseholes serve a purpose).

i see, true enough.

Basically that is what is currently happening in the US, its own ideology is starting to turn back on itself.

Nobody gets anywhere with this talk of giving black people “their own state”. For starters, they already are too big to fit in just one. Secondly, we just need to quit the racism. I’m quitting it both ways.

Most blacks might be mildly racist like most whites, or just about anyone, but I don’t think the majority wants these games to continue either, if given the choice. They are victims of inheriting a party affiliation and media targeting. They don’t seem nearly as hostile or fucked up as the Democratic party makes them out to be, just normal Americans.

I’m neither a conservative or neo-liberal as an anarchist. I find this whole left, right twattle to be irrelevant of actual issues within society especially under the control of a government state.

What I was talking about is economic prosperity for a greater majority of the population something of which the United States hasn’t experienced since the early 1970’s. At present there is hardly a middle class left where there is only the very rich and the very poor. Once more the biggest joke of this nation is that we still view ourselves as a bastion of freedom, independence, and economic prosperity. It has all become one big giant con built only for the most stupid to believe in.

In terms of democracy like all democracies everywhere it is rigged politically and by special interests.

What we should be calling the United States for the thirty plus years unto the present is that of a corporate oligarchic police state. There effectively is no United States government, there is only Wallstreet and the Federal Reserve.

It wasn’t this prior to the 70s?

“Racism is dead”. Yeah… as I said, head up ass.

usnews.com/news/blogs/at-the … ay-of-life

The problem is that you want to intentionally shut down your thinking capacity so you don’t have to wonder if there is actually something to it when people talk about institutional racism and implicit bias. These concepts, themselves more sophisticated ideas than many people are used to or want to engage with, are difficult for you to understand. Why? Simply because you don’t want to.

The idea that there could be aggregate, group level, semi-unconscious factors in society that supersede individual people such as yourself and your absolutely arrogant and ignorant “racism is dead” banalities is just too much for you. You’re a diehard individualist, you psychologically need to believe in the utter primary of individuals so you can take credit to your ego for whatever it is you think so highly about yourself, and so you can dismiss others for “not being successful” such as in your Nietzsche rant post; problem is, other than you don’t understand Nietzsche but that’s another time and place from now, is that it doesn’t matter if you personally don’t think you’re harboring any racist beliefs or attitudes, the group level aggregate effect exists and is a potent social force today. Why don’t you try living a life as a member of a second class citizenry in a country than until recently had your ancestors in chains, then get to listen to people like you say it’s all made up. No, you can’t put yourself in another’s shoes I suppose, so that’s not going to happen.

Be realistic, sure. I know your brain is overcoded by far-right conservative talk radio nonsense, so I’ll just throw stats at you in an attempt to break down the wall of your narcissistic ego-driven denial.

pbs.org/newshour/updates/ame … ted-think/

pewsocialtrends.org/2016/06/ … ell-being/

brookings.edu/blogs/social-m … ity-reeves

And of course in your post-racial utopia, everyone obviously would see that “racism is dead” and certainly most people wouldn’t actually believe racism exists and is a problem, right? pewresearch.org/fact-tank/20 … nequality/ …oops

Oh yeah, right, none of this is racism because it isn’t being done by an individual or single group of people possibly in white cloaks chanting hate slogans? Get it through your head that racism isn’t all about that one redneck KKK supporter down the street who most people on the block avoid talking to; racism is far more insidious, subtle, systematic, diffuse and difficult to eradicate. You need to look at the history of America, a nation that not that long ago mass enslaved people and even after they supposedly overcame that still didn’t even allow them to vote or inter-racial marry or use the same bathrooms as their former masters. And today in this same country, again not even that long ago now, you’re expecting me to believe it’s all over, the battle is won, nothing more to see here, work finished?

Do yourself a favor and read some of those statistics, or study institutional and implicit bias and sttitudes, or persistent generational poverty and crime, or the school to prison pipeline. Hell, just maybe ask one simple question: why are black people 30% more likely to be imprisoned than white people for the same crime?

law.upenn.edu/live/news/217 … 4BkG_Q8LCQ

The worst part of all this is that you actually think you know what you’re talking about. What, you listened to Limbaugh or Hannity or O’rilley and now you got a handle on things? For fucks sake, man. Black Lives Matter understands the facts of institutional bias, generational poverty, school to prison pipeline, systemic racism and the psychology of implicit attitudes, why don’t you? What’s the matter? Are you admitting so easily that BLM represents an intellectually superior position to your own? That would be a bitter pill for you to swallow; so you’d better up your game, big time. Because until you do, you are literally the problem.

Racism is dead when everyone joins my homogenous group on my terms (I ain’t joining them, they are joining us).

The thing about institutionalized racism, which certainly exists, is that everyone is part of the problem. Black Lives Matter may have lots of poignant stats and studies to cite, but as a group they are part of the problem too, picking at the figurative scabs of American black communities still trying to heal from the legacy of slavery, segregation, ghettoization and marginalization, blaming and shaming white people who should be their allies, and ignoring the extant demons among blacks that contribute to the problem every bit as much as, if not more than, the many white figures they target. It’s an oversimplified, biased, and, yes, racist worldview BLM promotes, in which The Problem begins and ends with White America. Literally, a black and white approach to reality. Same thing Republicans do with terrorism. Bad guys vs. good guys, cowboys and indians, Autobots vs. Decepticons, etc.

Has BLM ever criticized or challenged Obama? i ask sincerely, because admittedly i don’t follow everything BLM does and says, so i don’t know. But i’ve never heard of them doing it. Yet they are more than comfortable singling out and putting on the spot white people of all political stripes. Bernie and Hillary have both been targets, why not Obama? His policies and rhetoric are pretty much the same as Bernie and Hill’s when it comes to racial issues . . .

And when has BLM ever made any serious attempts to address the problem of gang violence among black youths that claims so very many black lives year after year after year? How about the prominent black superstars that glamorize and promote such violence in order to sell their product, perpetuating a problem that feeds the prison industrial complex, mobilizes racist whites to vote for people like Trump, and claims far more black lives than police shootings ever could? i suppose we are to believe that if White America would just mend its ways such problems would just dissolve? Only they won’t, and it’s quite literally ignorant to think that they would.

Those are just a few points in service of my larger point, which is that - like i said - BLM has its collective head shoved up its collective ass as well. They are raising consciousness, yes, but they are doing it in a way that only creates adversaries and contributes to conflicts that simply exacerbate the problems they are ostensibly trying to solve.

More precisely a Compost Heap.

Yeah, we need to Make America Great Again, right folks?

Purge and purify.

I haven’t thrown anything of value away (I hold it close to my heart).

When doing nothing is not an option.
1446352718.png

I’ve heard members of BLM speak about these very same problems. There was limited criticism of Obama for not doing enough, although you’re right that most of the criticism is aimed not at him but at other politics aland the “white” political status quo. But the people I’ve heard speak weren’t up there chanting “white people suck” or anything like that, in fact they were very careful to not bend to that side and start throwing racist remarks against whites. I remember being surprised because BLM has this media image of being racist against whites, the stuff you’re saying, when what I heard from them directly was literally statements like “we aren’t here to attack or demonize white people, this isn’t about that”. They want institutional change and they want public awareness, mostly among white people, to raise up. Black people are far more aware of these deep racial inequalities in society, it isn’t as much a problem of raising their consciousness level as of raising it for white people.

As one of the leaders of BLM said after they blocked off a highway and then marched on an airport with the intent of blocking the entrance and closing down the airport, they can say all they want but no one really starts to pay attention until they begin to disrupt the flow of capital. This is what true peaceful protest and Revolution is about. You need to find ways of forcing complacent people to react and think about the issues, because otherwise they will just walk right by in their fantasy la la land like Turd here and never give it a second thought.

Obama hasn’t done enough, or spoken out enough, but look at what happens when he does: after the Trayvon murder Obama went on TV and talked about how black parents have “the talk” with their sons about what to do and not do when a white police officer confronts them; this is true that black parents have this talk with their sons, but when Obama says it then idiots like Turd and all the white ignorant talk radio audience out there start calling Obama racist against whites and say he’s “fueling the fire for political gain”. No, he was pointing out a truth, and an uncomfortable truth, but of course he was simply demonized for doing so.

And literally the racial situation does get worse when Obama or others bring this stuff up. Why? It isn’t because what they’re saying isn’t true, it’s because ignorant white talk radio listeners don’t like what they’re saying. It doesn’t matter that it’s true, they can’t believe it and they react disproportionately. Obama knows this, he knows he needs to measure his responses because if he gets up there and just says it like it is, millions of white ignorant crypto-racists will rise up in the streets in anger.

What do you want out of BLM? Do you realize the kind of situation black Americans are faced with every day, how public perception and sentiment and white ignorance and institutional bias and reactive hateful talk radio, how all of this affects someone who is black in America today? Hell it affects white people too, it makes them self-conscious around black people, they want to empathize and show support but don’t know how. And the uneducated ignorant people just get angrier and angrier.