a timely denial and three affirmations

There’s no reason to assume that he was well meaning. He may have approached the protesters with the intent of disrupting what they were doing. It’s not like we’re going to be able to figure out his motivation one way or another from the limited amount of information we have in that video. So I’m not really sure what you meant to prove by showing the video. There are probably people who are willing to resort to violence on both sides of just about any issue especially to get their faces on YouTube and maybe go viral. It is a symptom of our times, I’ll give you that. As such it is antithetical to the OP propositions.

Dear lord Felix, one misunderstanding at a time please.

I agree it’s very hard to prevent mass shootings when people have easy access to deadly weaponry…
Even if we agreed that “people” were the problem, is mass punishment in the form of revoked privileges the answer? I suppose that’s a question of finding the right balance between freedom and safety.
When we revoke freedoms for safety there’s a point at which we hit diminishing returns… so at what point is the price too high?
Very interesting questions, best discussed soberly and critically, no?

Racism in identity politics being “riddled with my rational thinking” is a statement you’re going to need to explain to me.
Frankly I don’t recognize much I’d call “thinking” going on with either side’s rhetoric regarding identity politics, much less the critical kind.

Emotionally unstable people do exist, but someone else’s RAGE is not very convincing, the picture they paint to justify that rage might be… and it could incite the same rage in you.
My contention is that if you’re armed with the faculty of reason and critical thought, you can see past the picture and maybe get a glimpse of the real world.

Not saying the real world can’t be rage inducing… but at least then you’ll be addressing real problems.

That was a typo. It should have said ," Racism and identity politics are riddled with irrational thinking."

In an article entitled " We Don’t Know How to Stop Mass Shootings" nationalreview.com/corner/w … shootings/ the author points out that California, where most recent mass murder took place, has more stringent gun control laws than most states. The implication is that stricter gun laws won’t stop what is now looking like an epidemic.

The CA shooter paused during the shooting spree to post online which suggests that fame was part of his motivation, a recurring factor in many mass murders cnbc.com/2018/11/10/gunman- … nline.html

The possibility that the contagion of mass shootings spread through broadcast media is considered here: theatlantic.com/health/arch … us/545078/