A very merry christmas to you

You’re phoneutria or is there some missing link here that I’m not seeing? lol

Getting through the day might be a plus.

But for those who SEE Christmas and enjoy it - more power to you.

Not sure what you are seeing. That is your choice not mine. I have no idea what the phoneutria reference refers to.

phyllo » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:46 pm

That doesn’t sound cynical or nasty enough for this thread. Try again.

I suppose that it is just myself who is confused.

Right after the above, you wrote …

…and now I think I’m even more confused.
Release…relax…let go - not important. lol

He is saying that his contribution to this thread:

…was not nasty.

You be the judge.

My personal take on Christmas (or other holidays) is :
If someone seems to be expressing good intentions/feelings, then don’t piss on them in any way.

I guess that’s up for grabs. I don’t necessarily think that was nasty or trying to be nasty. We are adults after all.
I actually thought it was humorous.
I think that A Shieldmaiden might realize that we all have our own perspectives on christmas albeit hers was a nice sentiment.
But I might be wrong. Still, it all comes down to what we individually “see”.
For myself, had i been the one wishing everyone a merry christmas, i would have had no problem with JR coming in here and writing that. I would have just laughed it off. Of course, in my case it would have been a bit of a catch 22.

Phyllo, that was a true story of what I observed a few weeks ago. I did not judge those children or their families nor was my comment intended to be nasty in anyway. It was looking at the world through the eyes of these children. If you think my comments had any ill intention that I feel sorry that this is how you see the world. Once again your choice and not mine. This is how you view the world and not how I view. I am happy to keep my view of the world as it is much nicer than your judgemental view.

Perhaps child No 2. is a future poet and rebel or radical or maybe he’s a future philosopher and atheist or agnostic. :text-lol:

Child 2 was sexually abused.

Sometimes we DO need more information.
Yes, Santa would be dead to this child or maybe never had existed after that point.
Where did you see this?

For some reason, this reminded me of a movie video which I saw called White Squall in which a college kid kills a dolphin for no reason - something terrible to see. But at some point, you come to realize why he did it, despite the fact that it was so terrible. I screamed and cried and was really angry at the character but then I realized what brought him to that savage act.
Beautiful poignant movie.

Tx Arc. Sometimes we don’t need more information Sometimes we need to suspend judgement. I will try and find the movie and have a look at it.

I don’t feel like discussing this issue further. Tx again.

Fly.jpg

very nice…merry xmas

What it's really all about.gif

A very merry christmas to You, A Shieldmaiden.

Clearly you are not non-judgmental since you are judging me in this post. :evilfun:

We disagree about the appropriateness of a post. And that happens. So what?
You seem to be taking it way too personally. I have no idea why.

Arcturus Descending wrote:

Cheers AD!

The idea that Christians chose to celebrate the birth of Jesus on 25 December because this was the date of an already existing festival of the Sol Invictus was expressed in an annotation to a manuscript of a work by 12th-century Syrian bishop Jacob Bar-Salibi. The scribe who added it wrote: “It was a custom of the Pagans to celebrate on the same 25 December the birthday of the Sun, at which they kindled lights in token of festivity. In these solemnities and revelries the Christians also took part. Accordingly when the doctors of the Church perceived that the Christians had a leaning to this festival, they took counsel and resolved that the true Nativity should be solemnised on that day.”

Christmas has become a commercial season. It’s sponsored, kept alive, by the heaviest retail advertising campaigns of the year, which keep us deluded and deceived about the Christmas spirit.

:occasion-xmas:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F90U55aCO3Y[/youtube]

Happy holidays.

Such a beautiful scene. Wouldn’t mind spending a month there all by my lonesome…especially with wolves howling somewhere out there.

Rudolph?!!!