Abortion

Why, would you rather have been aborted?

Of courser mr R is joking to draw attention away from the horrendous bloody mess that abortion is, not to mention the thriving organ-trade derived from it.
I know a bunch of women who have had abortions and none of them ever get over it. When conversation turns to it they sink deep into their soul into an eternal pain that is just there and always will be. They literally killed their own blood.

barbarianhorde

Thank you, barbarianhorde, This is why I composed that Letter to an Unborn Child. To give these women some moments to really decide if that is what they truly wanted to do. I have seen many of those faces going in and coming out that you described above.

Of course, there are those women who just feel that they have unloaded excess baggage…

Sure, there will be women who feel this way. Just as there will be women who do not.

But what ultimately counts here is the extent to which the law of the land is willing to punish those women who do not regret having an abortion.

And, then, here, the extent to which philosophers are able to weigh in on this and provide us with an argument that is either more or less able to resolve it.

Some see abortion as a moral issue aimed at bringing the unborn into the world – a world populated with all the rest of us who were not aborted. Others see it as a political issue aimed at providing women with true equality with men in a world where only women can become pregnant.

I merely suggest that each of us as individuals have come to acquire a particular moral narrative here as the embodiment of dasein. And not as someone in possession [philosophically or otherwise] of the most rational and virtuous assessment there can ever be.

I wouldn’t use that metaphor but the women I know who’ve done it did not regret the choice, some later chose to have children, other not. In most instances I’ve know the men were even less interested in having the child, and I have never met a man who did know about the abortion of his potential child who was concerned at all. I know there are men who are upset if the choice is made without their input and some who are upset about the choice to have the abortion. But generally the men seem relieved and less ambivalent than the women.