Abortion

From above:

And with thought experiments the points revolve almost entirely around the definition and the meaning that one gives to the words that comprise the thoughts themselves.

Instead, for me, when it comes to things like the “abortion wars”, it’s always about bringing those thoughts “down to earth” and examining them in a particular context where actual flesh and blood men are in fact being sterilized. And where actual flesh and blood babies are in fact being shredded.

Well, let’s just say that it did not come off that way to me.

And then back to my point: that what individual men and women are for and against in regard to value judgments of this sort is rooted more in “I” as an existential fabrication [from the cradle to the grave] derived from the points I raise here: ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 1&t=176529

And especially here: ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 1&t=194382

Again and again and again: for “me” when embedded in this frame of mind…

…what “I” deem to be appropriate here is no less from a fractured and fragmented sense of self.

Instead, what I am interested in with you and others is how what you or they construe to be appropriate here is not entangled in that grim, glum frame of mind.

In all honesty, this is the sort of thing I would expect from Pedro or Joker or Wendy. There are those objective aspects of my Self deeply rooted in the either/or world: biologically, demographically, empirically, factually.

Dasein is applicable [to me] only in regard to moral, political and esthetic value judgments. In the arguments I make in my signature threads.

So, if you are a man committed to being a father in a relationship with a woman committed to being a mother and you bring children into this world, is the manner in which you indoctrinate them to think about the world around them [morally, politically, racially, sexually etc.] immoral?

And even as you grow older and acquire more autonomy as an adult [presuming free will of course] how are the values you come to embody “morally” not more in sync with my arguments rather than the arguments of the objectivists here among us?

In fact, with my own daughter, I was always careful to make a distinction between what I thought about things morally, politically and in regard to things like God and religion, and how, as she got older, she may not think about them the same way at all.

Again, however, what if the pregnancy resulted from a defective contraceptive? Neither partner wanted to be parents but the biological imperatives kick in and the baby is conceived. Or what if they both wanted to be parents and the woman becomes pregnant but then for any number of reasons their circumstances change dramatically and that is not longer the case?

The actual contexts here are infinite. But either the baby is shredded or the woman is forced to give birth. Conflicting goods. And I have noted why and how “I” am “fractured and fragmented” in regard to that. How then are others not “drawn and quartered” in the same manner? Can they perhaps persuade me to yank myself up out of the philosophical hole that “I” have dug myself into here?

you realise how retarded this is given that this is an opinion that contradicts itself by itself??? if any imposition blablabla is immoral then trying to impose that as a standard of not imposing blablabla is just as immoral, categorically and logically, as any other imposition that you speak about…anyway…morality and arguments around it are one of the best topics to see exposed stupidity and private make-up of an individual, which fucking creeps me the fuck out given how little aware some people are about this.
individuals which say abortion should be absolutely legal, or that its a question of ‘fitness’ simply expose their own selfishness and indifference to others around them and show what empathy they have towards people(or generally sentient beings) who they have no selfish interest towards and nothing to gain from, little imagination and cunt brains. it’s like this…like the kook cunts over at SHITthyself…love animals and be a vegetarian but see nothing wrong with concentration camps and the treatment of people in them…exposes a level of insanity that must be accounted for with some mental disturbances on an organic level, which again, fucking creeps you out.

also, stoupid people fail to realise that abortion is not some kind of god-given social right but a result of a technological capacity that is in turn a small part of the biological(and as an extension medical)revolution that began with the uncovering of the genome sequence by Kirk and Watson…it is a great technological revolution that will have consequences beyond what one thinks about abortion,it will, like many other revolutions, turn the way people relate to eachother and so on on its head. for example: if females own biology is no longer needed to carry out a pregnancy…like it will not be necessary…do you spooks think this will not have an impact on how males and females relate to each-other erotically and socially??? can you not see what a great danger this might be, given its ability for certain males to be able to ‘produce’ countless children??? or simulation…what power will females have in a society if males can satisfy their sexual experience, are not needed for pregnancies or even emotional needs of males that would be able to be satiated chemically or in whatever other way???
you idiots talk about these issues with a depth and breadth of understanding that is ridiculously simple and pretentious.

Yo, phoneutria!

You’re up!!

Or am I back on “ignore” again? :sunglasses:

idiot…when is a human born, conceived or whatever???when the egg gets penetrated by the sperm head…after this happens, you already have a future adult human, a child already developing to be an adult with all his DNA encoded, on his way to become an adult so abortion is a killing(not murder) of a defenceless human being without any doubt. check the biology and what the ‘sciences’ say about when life starts. so lets start here…you are basically saying that it is quite normal and non-controversial to kill another human being because ‘your circumstances have changed’ or ‘the condom broke’ just because that human is completely defenceless and because he is so undeveloped and so tiny that he can just be cut off and pulled out and thrown into a bin without much populist and emotive backlash and controversy… do you fucking realise what you are saying you dumb mutt???you Yanks HAVE IT COMING…just wait…disgusting.

Pedro I Rengel

The heart is emotional, sentimental, compassionate. Can any human being judging only in that way possibly believe that a woman having a clear mind in any situation would never abort their child?

I am sure that there are many women who agonize over ending their pregnancy with much forethought.
After all, their unborn child Is a part of them and they may already feel love for them. Humans are complicated. At the same time, these women know, or at least feel that they know, based on everything which is going on in their lives and based on their agonizing clear thinking, that it is just not the right time for them.

Perhaps the clearer the mind, the more tragic it all becomes for the woman. Women are not like sardines in a can. We are like a color spectrum.

I do not condone abortion except under tragic conditions, i.e. that of the child having the worst life, medically speaking.

Yo, phoneutria!

You had me on ignore for the longest time. Then, out of the blue, you respond to the points I made on this thread. As a result, we actually exchanged a few posts. An exchange in which it seemed that we were willing to 1] respect each other’s intelligence and 2] avoid huffing and puffing.

Then you ended it all as abruptly as it had begun.

Why?

Here’s the thing. Well, my thing admittedly. With you, I figure there’s at least a chance you might succeed in nudging me in a less grim and cynical direction. You know, regarding the hole I have dug myself into pertaining to moral and political value judgments. On the other hand, I’m thinking, I might be able to nudge you into falling down into the hole with me.

At least I’d have someone to share the fucking hole with!

pretty fucking creepy maaan

Up to 20% of ALL pregnancies end on natural miscarriages.

If you believe in god, then that means, ipso facto, that God is the world’s most prolific abortionist.

Maybe it is “god’s right”?

Since we are to follow the example of god, then we should follow him in his obsession with abortion?
Up to 20% of ALL pregnancies end on natural miscarriages.
Maybe god is trying to tell us something, like STOP HAVING so may babies and fucking up the world??

what god? the Christian God is omnipotent and all-loving and beyond human comprehension in his ways but the humans’ original sin introduced evil into the world and God, in his unfathomable ways, chose to let it be in the world and cause human degradation and suffering so it is not the God causing the human suffering but Satan and his temptations and his evil ways. if a woman has a miscarriage or an abortion is carried out…this is not yet evil and sin(but might be), because we are all in Gods hands and God has a plan that is unfathomable to us and our primitive and limited beings and abortion can be done out of love and care and nowhere in the Bible does it say that life must be continued at all costs and without any consideration for the consequences. but I am not a Christian and I don’t believe in a personal God that looks after us or intervenes in human affairs.

He means his Darwinian God!

?there is no Darwinian God…evolution is simply how the Christian God created the world, he obviously was not molding it with his hands literally and he did not actually work for 6 days to take a break on the 7th literally and it did not take 7 days as the Bible says literally also. who spoke to God about this???Moses wrote the truths as the God intended for that day humans to be seen best regarding the origins(or maybe he faltered) but he evidently has changed his mind since and allowed the human-kind to uncover the inner-workings of his creation which are closer to what really has happened and he must have done so for a reason too. humans have misunderstood the doings of God and represented them the best they could have in the times past but now we know better and are beginning to see how it really happened.

This one:

15.jpg
I was not talking to you, but to the other one who believes in a Darwinistic god who also is a communistic god. It is not God but their “god”, their false god.

Do you now know what I mean?

no I don’t know what you mean since I see no contradiction between believing in a Christian God and in Darwins’ works and the following discoveries. and I don’t really need to wait to be spoken to or allowed to speak my mind to do so, especially not by people who are creationists despite the Moses commandment to seek and speak truth always and never stray from the path of truth which is impossible to do if you want to deny evolution at this point.

A Darwinistic god is an atheistic god, a false god.

Do you really think that an atheistic God is possible in the traditional way, for instance in the way of a monotheistic god, let’s say Christian God?

Did evolution happen or not? Are we at the centre of the universe? Is heaven with all the souls beyond the sky-line? The Bible was written by humans and so it is bound to be faulty just like humankind is…what has that got to do with God? The commandments are simple…speak the truth and seek the truth…a mans mind can obviously testify that the earth is not at the center of the universe or that evolution did happen and that there is no heaven beyond the sky-line so he must speak the truth and admit it else he sins against Gods will and will be damned for doing so…do not bear false witness against thy neighbor and if you want to accuse Darwin of lying then you are doing just that as as such going against the Gods will and sinning.

God knows his ways and your destiny, not the preacher or the priest so stop being arrogant and denying obvious truths and lying against others’ reputations to save your face. The preacher and the priest are only as good as their emulation of the life of Jesus Christ is and their adherence to the commandments and the commandments clearly instruct every Christian to speak and seek the truth.

I don’t believe in God…so what…God has stripped me of my faith for a reason and I am content that he has a plan and purpose for me even though I don’t believe in his existence and that he loves me and wants something from me… as long as I don’t sin and read the Bible what human has God administered authority to tell me I am in the wrong if I am not sinning???not even Pope has such authority because this is a question of each mans soul and there only God can rule.

It’s okay.

Did you NOT write the following post?