Adages & Proverbs

“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong , gives it a superficial appearance of being right.”

Thomas Paine, Common Sense

My passions, concentrated on a single point, resemble the rays of a sun assembled by a magnifying glass: they immediately set fire to whatever object they find in their way.

Marquis de Sade

“Love feels no burden, thinks nothing of trouble, attempts what is above its strength, pleads no excuse of impossibility; for it thinks all things lawful for itself, and all things possible.”

Thomas a Kempis

“Privacy is not something that I’m merely entitled to, it’s an absolute prerequisite.”

Marlon Brando

His life was never his own, once fame fully struck He… imagine a life like that… years lost in hiding, never to be regained, so unable to be relived… proof, that going back in time is an impossibility.

“Let my people go.”

Moses

Garbage did successfully achieved a sought after loneliness , but at what a cost.Sweeds and other Benelux inhabitants are prone to go by way of Ingmar Bergman’s cinematic descriptions of the soul: home bound Ingmar Steven’s and others were really never happy playing assigned roles.

Brando was a tragic figure, his 'roles were always playing in furnaces of doom; guessing the artistic sentiments of those times demanded that kind of expurgoration

No wonder magic followed wherever he went.

I have questions.
youtu.be/Plcx5JGxOJE

"Russia is stopping rocket engine sales to the US and their space chief said, ‘Let them fly on something else, their broomsticks’

Azmi Haroun

Oh no. We can’t do space stuff. Whatever will we do?

“Try to feel that you are beyond time and space when you practice meditation. Go beyond this world, beyond time, beyond life, not a feeling of being spaced out, but in touch with the moment and with eternity”. — Frederick Lenz

“Give yourself the gift of yourself. Become your own worst enemy and bring yourself your head on a platter.”

Xin Lao

“A man that cheats at cards, ain’t got no religion.”

Calamity Jane

“Talent has its brutal fate in every era, even in the Golden Ages.”"

Andrew Ady

"What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left.”

“Happiness isn’t something you experience, it’s something you remember.”

“A pun is the lowest form of humor—when you don’t think of it first.”

“Roses are red, violets are blue, I’m schizophrenic, and so am I.”

Oscar Levant

“Vision is the art of seeing things invisible.” …

Jonathan Swift

Invention is the talent of youth, as judgment is of age.

Jonathan Swift

"For one who looks at beauty in the only way that beauty can be seen, only then will it become possible for him to give birth not to images of virtue, because he’s in touch with no images, but to true virtue, because he is in touch with true beauty”

(Diotima as quoted in Plato’s Symposium, p. 274)

“If you want to raise a man from mud and filth, do not think it is enough to stay on top and reach a helping hand down to him. You must go all the way down yourself, down into mud and filth. Then take hold of him with strong hands and pull him and yourself out into the light.”

— Martin Buber