Against my parents.

I couldn’t be further seperated from the herd my parents belong to. People like them force me to forgo real love. Their ego’s leading string is rotten. Wielding the hammer is a complete waste of time. I may indeed be imprudent, but only because they’re arseholes.

If they “force” you to forgo “real love”, which is presumably a beneficial feature of life, then you are submitting to thier power. Not very “unherdlike”.

Overcome.

I would if it were within the power of the mind to do so.

I take it you are under legal age?

Why?

Because only minors are controlled by their parents to such an extent. Parental control is legally dissolved once you reach your majority.

I’m not talking about being controlled. That’s a relatively insignificant problem. But I’m living with them at the moment so I have to deal with them day-in, day-out.

So? How does that stop you? Unless you don’t pay rent or help with the bills? If you pay rent and pay for your own expenses you are a tenent with tenent rights. Our son lives with us and he has tenent rights. I would not presume to dictate to him. You may need to step up and become an adult in their eyes. Its hard but it could well provide a far closer and deeper relationship.

Even if I pleased them more, it remains that: I couldn’t be further seperated from the herd my parents belong to. People like them force me to forgo real love. Their ego’s leading string is rotten. Wielding the hammer is a complete waste of time. I may indeed be imprudent, but only because they’re arseholes.

Why worry about pleasing them? Stand up and be an adult. How is it they force you to forgo real love? Can you explain that? As an adult with tenent rights you must learn to be one. Your parents are human adults treat them as you would any other landlord. They cannot force you to forgo love that is on you and only you if you are of legal age.

What you need to do won’t be easy or quick, Impious. But it would be foolish to give up before you try. I am not suggesting that you love them - but you didn’t place that limit on your statement.

Dude you just need to listen to that old ass song by DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince. “Parents just Don’t Understand”

I had a listen to it. That song’s all fluff. Not my style really.

But didn’t it make you laugh a little?

Yes, yes it did.

The world isn’t so bad after all then.