Alien Dream

When I was younger, I had an explicitly vivid dream that terrified me more than any other event in my entire life.

My dream:

I was asleep in my bedroom. I like to keep my room pitch dark and my door closed. I slept alone in my room. My house was near to two other houses and a small neighborhood 400m away. Though, mostly my house was isolated from others, because it was built somewhat in the flat of a ravine.

Here is what I remember. I woke up in the middle of the night with an intense fear that was beyond anything I could imagine. As I slowly opened my eyes, I felt as there were a presence in my room. My eyes were accustomed to the darkness, but I was facing the wall of my bed. I felt paralyzed with fear. Despite this paralysis, I willed as much as I could to turn over and see what I felt was watching me. Somehow, slowly, I turned over and I remember that my breathing was quickened. As I turned over I saw an alien that stood maybe four or five feet tall and its big black eyes. I do not remember any of the details really, except that I believe there might have been another alien there at the foot of my bed, behind this alien beside me. Upon witnessing this, my breathing became rapid and panicked and I blacked out. I woke up the next morning and I was terrified of remembering the realness of my dream.

Now, people might claim that my dream was a real event, but I have always been skeptical about UFOs and aliens. However, after this dream, I could not help but wonder what happened. Was it merely a dream? Was it something real? I do not know. What I do know though, is that it is and was one of the most defining moments of my life, because of how vivid my dream and fear were at the time. I don’t know what to conclude from this and it was a very long time ago. Was it just a dream? Or was the fear a reaction of something real?

Last month, nearly ten years later, I had another dream. I woke up in the middle of the night at my apartment with the same sense of fear. This time, willing myself out of sleep, I turned over and woke myself up, attempting to see an intruder at the foot of my bed. Nothing was there. I was awake. I woke up from this event, but the fear was the same feeling I had felt so long ago. Only, I saw nothing.

Tell me what happened? Because, I don’t know.

Sleep paralysis.

It’s quite common really.

The most common feature of this is the sense of a presence in the room. The paralyzed feeling was, well, paralysis. When you sleep you become paralyzed so you don’t go off doing whatever it is you’re doing in your dream.

Fear not.

Why was there an alien in one dream, from which I blacked out, compared to the latest dream, where I woke up because I saw nothing?

Well, the thing is, when you get sleep paralysis, you are sort of in between awake and asleep. So, it causes dreams to mix into your bedroom.

This can cause your experience to change vastly each time.

This doesn’t explain where in one situation I saw an alien and blacked out from fear, whereas in the second case, I did not see an alien and woke up.

This is what I’m asking. How can you account for the two differences?

Sure it can account for both. You have to understand the intensity extremes capable with sleep paralysis.

I’m not going to say your first experience wasn’t an actual alien, because I can’t prove that, but the thing with sleep paralysis is, is that it’s basically still a dream. You may not have actually blacked out from fear, you may have just fallen back asleep. You may have blacked out with fear, which is simple enough.

As for the second time, your sub conscience didn’t completely repeat the last time. Read about sleep paralysis.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

“the state may be accompanied by terrifying hallucinations (hypnopompic or hypnagogic) and an acute sense of danger [3]. Sleep paralysis is particularly frightening to the individual due to the vividness of such hallucinations[4]”

"The person may think that someone is standing beside them or they may hear strange sounds. "