America's Greatest Hero

No, this isn’t a joke.

When asked to name their greatest hero (without picking him from a list), American’s picked Obama #1–with Jesus as #2. As some commentators have already pointed out, Barack was apparently across the finish line first in making a $Trillion appear out of thin air.

The names and rankings have changed considerably since the last time this poll was taken in 2001, most notably, besides #'s 1 & 2, is God who ranked 11th after not even placing in the 2001 poll.

The first conclusion we can draw is that talk radio was wrong to label Obama the Messiah.

Second, suspicions confirmed about the low-brow quality of the American electorate. Conclusion, limit the fucking franchise.

{Poll:
Should this have been placed in the Religion Forum?
Is there a difference?} :sunglasses:

Well, if liberals are the tax and spend people, they should definitely put the latest Bush and Reagan at the top. Jesus is tax free.

People are mostly stupid creatures, (I’m one of them, don’t get me wrong, but at least I know how to pick a hero…) which is evidenced by the fact that some cosmic anthropomorph (read: wishful thinking) was able to place at all, even if only at number 11. “God is my hero?” Really? Did they only poll gullible four-year-olds? May I ruffle their hair and go “aww, that’s cute!”?

The real surprises in this poll: Patton, really? And forgive my ignorance but I’ve never heard of Chelsea Sullenberger.

The real disappointments: I’m looking for Terence McKenna, Daniel Quinn, Ray Kurzweil, Robert Pirsig, (who would probably be my top four, speaking off the cuff) any scientist whatsoever, and really anyone who can be considered in any way an ‘intellectual’. (I don’t mean to imply some of these people aren’t smart, but they don’t fit the role of that particular title.)

Can we get just one freakin’ philosopher?

Look at what’s happened to me,
I can’t believe it myself.
Suddenly I’m up on top of the world,
It should’ve been somebody else.

[chorus]
Believe it or not, I’m walking on air.
I never thought I could feel so free.
Flying away on a wing and a prayer.
Who could it be?
Believe it or not it’s just me.

It’s like a light of a new day,
It came from out of the blue.
Breaking me out of the spell I was in,
Making all of my wishes come true.

gawker.com/5142593/the-bold-ambi … campoverdi,

Yeah I wonder how she got THAT job? Lewinski move over!