An All-Powerful “God” is an Expression of Man's Sin

A

It may appear subtle because it doesn’t exist in any specific sense. My mention of the “Great Beast” isn’t ridicule but recognition of its influence. There is nothing funny about the suffering it causes. Here is the definition of ridicule from Dictionary.com

Show me where I’ve done this.

I’ve done this in the past and know the stupidity of it including in matters of ridicule. I will not defend it in myself if I accidentally fall victim to it. I will admit to being WRONG

Often we are unconconscious of our own behaviour. Might this be the case in your case?

A

A, I’m off to work now but give me an example of the ridicule you are talking about in one of my posts and I’ll check in when I return.

I make no claims of the sort, in fact I have made no claims either way. These words of yours are indeed a projection of yours attributed to me. I have no use of your word games Nick. In other words, I know where I end and you begin. Do you?

A

A

I didn’t make claims about you. I simply said that the ancient traditions caution about how we block in the pursuit of meaning. It is not an accusation, it is only an if this than that statement. That’s not ridicule.

No I don’t and I doubt if you do either because this I/object relationship is always changing. We lose ourselves continually into things and our feelings about them follow in change. As any man knows, it has its advantages since without this capacity to change the mind it would be much harder to get the woman into bed. :slight_smile:

There are no word games. I’m not trying to catch you in anything for ridicule. You, me, and everyone else often speak of one thing and do another. I further the value of admitting it and to many, this is seen as an insulting form of spiritual elitism.

Seeing ourselves do it and acknowledging our denial of it is humor. Condemning others for their real or imagined human frailties in laughter is ridicule.

Something gets lost in the shuffle. :slight_smile: We speak on concepts like “love” not realizing how far we are from truly understanding them. It happens to me all the time. I’m not ashamed to admit it. If this makes me elite, well than so be it. This is real humor in yourself when you can see it and gradually let go the need to defend it… There is no ridicule but only the warmth of appreciating ourselves as the human condition but with potential and without thoughts of being God or anything else. This “seeing” is IMO, a necessary part of growing as a person.