An Enquiring Mind Wants to Know

Sorry, Jr., to disappoint you. I don’t know of the situation between you and Arc. All I know is how others treat me.

I really don’t begin to understand how everything to you, Wells, is violent? Why is that? You asked me if I was stalking you? You said to please stop. That at least to me infers an accusation of stalking.

Let me ask you a question. Do you see it as being violent when a person brings a civil suit or a criminal suit against someone because they have been made the victim (legal term) of someone? I’m not sure if that would make me the plaintiff or the defendant - perhaps both in this case.

If you were so concerned, you might have PMed me and simply asked me to ignore you which at some point is exactly what I said that I would do - ignore you. No, but you did the dishonorable thing as a MAN and called me a stalker and brought attention to yourself - just as I finally decided to call attention to this whole situation. You, Wells, are the one who opened this can of worms so don’t be so surprised that these worms are crawling all over you now. There are consequences to our actions. I was going to PM you in the beginning and ask if you were my Australian friend but your PM was disabled, which is of course your right.

I will admit that I may have pursued the issue of your perhaps being my friend for a minute longer than was necessary and had I known that you were the type of character who engaged in such demeaning hyperbole, I would have simply ignored you in the instant. I don’t like you nor do I like your modus operandi.

There you go again with that “violent” word. Hurtful?
Let me ask you another question. Just how do you think I felt to be accused of stalking – !stop it! _and then because of that Arminius did the same…monkey see…
Do you really think that at some point I would have come in here and addressed this in an open forum if I had not been disturbed by it, angry by it, HURT by it, having felt that my selfhood and personhood had been attacked by you? This wasn’t just a case of you calling me a silly woman or something to that effect - I think that you deliberately and insidiously set out to malign me. Of course, I can’t be certain of this but I “see” you in here and how you relate to others. I am rather surprised that you took the time to come out of your coccoon and face me. I give you kudos for that.

Just as a prime example here, a few days ago you were telling Ierrellus that you could be his friend…
bla bla bla

And then in here this

That makes me want to vomit. Didn’t take you long to turn on Ierrellus, did it? But this is the calibre of person which you are and it is just this demeanor, this consciousness that is within you, which made you, in your sweet, virtuous way, call me a stalker.

I will leave you with this. Give it some thought…or not.

The physical existence of memory may, in addition, explain the outcome of one of the most interesting experiments I’ve ever heard about. This experiment involved one of the most primitive forms of life, a type of worm called planaria. Scientists kept a group of planaria in a dark box, flashed a light at them, then shocked them with electricity. Over time the worms learned to coil into balls when they saw the light, in anticipation of the electric shock. Then the scientists grouned up this group of worms :frowning: and fed them to a new group of worms. They then flashed a light at the new group. The worms recoiled into balls. They apparently had learned by eating a memory.
Dharma Singh Khalsa, M.D.

Atheris,

It was one question, Atheris, not personal questions per se…just asking him if he was my Australian friend from the past. I know that I’m being redundant to keep repeating his and it is probably getting a bit boring but…
If I had known the nature of his psyche I would have ignored him completely.

:laughing: Well, you’re certainly entitled to your opinion, Atheris, but I WASN’T STALKING and judging how conscious he seems to be of words and their useful and right meanings, I’m rather surprised that he went the route of using the word stalker to define me.

The way I look at it it will only appear to be stalking if the person has that kind of a mindset (for whatever reason).

I did do just that… pointed out to him that I wasn’t stalking - I even explained a bit of my personality in here to him to put him at his ease.
And then just chose to ignore him.

That wouldn’t have been sufficient for me, Atheris. It had been sufficient to ignore him until the other one - what was the word above you used - also called me a stalker, asked me to stop stalker and called me a liar and pretending to be a consciousness seeker.

I go along with Tagore’s thought:
“There are many who imagine action to be opposed to freedom. They think that activity, being in the material plane, is a restriction of the free spirit of the soul. But we must remember: The soul finds its freedom in action.”

I’m not going to roll up in a ball and take this nonsense from these…what’s the word you used again above… _______ kind of men.

Yes, orbie, you and Hawthorne hit the nail right on the head.
In actually, I also did laugh in bitterness. At the same time, I roared like a dragon and felt like a woman.

As for you ARMENIUS, I do not need any man to rescue me. I can stand on my own two feet and do that for myself.
My poll in here was not ONLY for the men - it was for all people. Such a handy way some of you sem-conscious men, speaking to you and Wells here, have of making the woman into some kind of weak victim type. Yes, I was a target of your words but I am no victim.

Grow up already.

Arc, you chose to ignore him by making a major thread about your exchange with him in which you ask people for their opinion and continue to argue with him? :icon-rolleyes:

From what I know of you, I don’t think you are a stalker, but I can definitely see how somebody who knows you less could perceive you as one, even if I think that’s a little paranoid but then again… asking for strangers for sort of private info over internet forums is… well…

Since I have been here I have seen tons of belittling women as if they’re inferior to men. Then when you tell them women aren’t inferior they call you feminist. It’s pretty dumb and foolish.

Arcturus Descending, my little girl, your texts in this kindergarten „thread“ are the ugliest, most lying, and most calumnious texts I have read so far. 80% or even 90% of that what you are saying about me are lies. That’s really terrifying.

Are you megalomaniac?

I used the verb “pretend” as a translation for the German verb “vorgeben”, and “vorgeben” has no negative but a neutral connotation. As far as I know the Englich verb “pretend” is the right translation for the German verb “vorgeben” (also “angeben” which has not only a neutral connotation). So I used the right word. And it is - again - terribly ugly of you to ascribe evil intentions to me.

I invite you to only respond to me in my first language. Any every word has to be correct. Then I will decide whether you wrote correctly and also what person you exactly are (just in the same way you do it: uglily). That’s not my but your ugly behavior.

I can show how insulting you are. You started with an ugly ad hom, and that was - by the way - the reason why that post with your ugly ad hom was the first one of the deleted posts. I don’t want to talk much about this. Why can you not leave people alone? Your bahvior is so ugly …

You took the thread off-topic. You!

If you really do not know that Mags deleted the posts because you took the thread off-topic, then you really have no consciousness, and therefore you have to be a „consciousness seeker“.

Again a lie. You absolutely know (unless you have no consciousness - see above) what I am talking about. You want copies? And then? Then you will say: “This copies are fakes”. Leave me alone with your kindergarten “rhetoric”.

I do not want to talk about your ugly themes. But you do not care about anything what other people want. You can not leave people allone. How would you call that behavior?

I also did not call you a “stalker”, but I used the word “stalking” in a very similar sense and in a very similar situation Jr Wells used it before (therefore the link), because he was right to use it. We asked you many times that you should leave us alone with your childish nonsense, but you did not leave us alone. I asked you even six times, but you did not leave me alone! How would you call such a behavior?

Too many laughing emoticons hide often unhappy, depressive persons. Beautiful images hide often ugly persons.

To the “brave” boys who are defending or advocating A. Descending too quickly:

You really know nothing about the incident of Dsecending and me, but you had nothing better to do than defending or advocating her too quickly, without any thought about the facts, because you do not know anything about the incident, thus you also do not know anything about the facts of it. You should have asked you (for example): “What happened?” “What are the facts?” “Do I know any fact?” “Is this a nonsense thread of a liar?” … Instaed of that you quickly defended or advocated her. That is foolish and silly “(10)^50” (Fuse).

You need those rescuing men very much. But you even do not know that you need them. Your ugly texts in this thread also show it: You are crying “rescue me, I am the victim”,and the “brave” men immediately rescue you by defending or advocating you (of course: too quickly and too stupidly, too sillily “(10)^50” - Fuse) without any knowledge about any fact of the incident.

No. Obviously not. You behave as long as the victim as you can profit from it. In reality you are the perpetrator, the offender, the abuser.

Lies over lies (= lol - your trademark). You are lying as much as you can. Truth is that you were the perpetrator, the offender, the abuser, and I was a target of your words. And you took the said thread off-topic with your ad homs.

You took the thread off-topic. You!

If you really do not know that Mags deleted the posts because you took the thread off-topic, then you really have no consciousness, and therefore you have to be a „consciousness seeker“.

Yes, at least partly. I suggest to reform ILP and to call it “IL” with the following eight subforums:

(1) ILF (“I Love Fun”),
(2) ILG (“I Love Gossip”),
(3) ILL (“I Love Lies”),
(4) ILN 1 (“I love Nietzsche”),
(5) ILN 2 (“I love Nonsense”),
(6) ILN 3 (“I Love Nothing”),
(7) ILP (“I Love Philsophy”) (that means: averagely merely 12.5% (1/8) are really interested in philosophy),
(8) ILSC (I Love Social Criticism).

ILF, ILG, especially ILL, and ILN 2 are the IL subforums where you can find A. Descending, behaving like a Black Hole Ascending.

You will never grow up, thus you will remain a little girl, A. Descending.

Atheris

No, Atheris, that is NOT how it went down. I was ignoring him as I told him I would…by not responding to his threads - nada!
As for the latter, agreed.

I only decided to open this thread after Armenius also called me a stalker and said to stop stalker. Not wishing to be redundant but impressions like that can and do spread. Could I have had another option[s] - sure. I might have told Magsj to tell them to stop or got in touch with Carleas but I made the choice which I made based on what I saw (armenius ALSO) and that had to be done. Do I need them to be my mouthpiece? Well perhaps at times we do but not for this.

Let me make this clear here. I personally feel that there is a great distance between SIMPLY asking someone if they are my Australian friend and asking for sorts of private info. I did not do that. They made their choice and I made mine.

You are not a stalker!!! But, remember, if you lie down with dogs, you will rise with fleas. The vehement posts against you do not tally with what I’ve learned from you over the years. You are a gentle and aspiring spirit, whom I admire, even when we disagree. Your agnosticism is honest as are most of your posts. Don’t be sucked into this maelstrom of personal attacks. You are so much better than that.

Jr Wells

I suppose that - after re-reading this - I can see how you might become a little perturbed by it, not in the sense of thinking that I am stalking you but just by my natural curiousity to know if in fact you were my friend. You don’t really know me at all so you don’t know my personality. I was teasing and yes, I was being stubborn but I also realize that many other men who do NOT know me would not have reacted in the way which you did. But of course, we are all different, we all come from different “places” figuratively speaking.

AND you did respond by saying "Thank you for clarifying my identy - and I was responding to that. Think about it.

:laughing: And you took THIS as my stalking you!!!

…to which you inferred that I was stalking you.
SO THAT WAS HOW YOU RESPONDED. Seems you were quite sure of yourself there.

Perhaps your problem is that you take things a bit too seriously, Wells, for whatever reason. At the risk of seeming to be a bit arrogant, and perhaps it is a bit arrogant on my part, may I suggest to you that it would probably be a good idea for you to loosen up a bit…or not. Perhaps sit in front of a willow tree - a weeping willow and meditate on it and maybe it can silently teach you how to be a bit more laid back. Pay attention to how its branches hang so gracefully to the ground. Just look without thinking - let it speak to you, let that willow become a part of who you are. We might be surprised how nature enters into us and we become - one with it.

On that note, I was giving this some thinking. I would like to apologize to you, tell you that I am sorry for some of the things which I’ve said to you or about you in this thread – the things which I can “see” now really didn’t need to be said, as far as I am concerned.
I had made reference to my being a FBI profiler. Of course, I’m not :laughing: If I were, I couldn’t have said it.

But my point here is - and please do not misunderstand me - I am NOT apologizing for opening this thread. The way i saw it, I had no other recourse but to do that. But I have noticed how it has been evolving and how I have been evolving in the way in which I have been expressing myself, the way in which I have been, in a sense, profiling you. We can’t always help the way in which things progress or evolve being that we are human and not perfect (sometimes we can) but we can see these things as they are happening and I have come NOT to like my own demeanor and my own way of having pointed out your - well - let’s say flaws, as I see them - not as they necessarily are.

That was unfair of me since I can’t really know you at all and all we really see of a person is the tip of the iceberg. I saw you as you presented yourself to me throughout but I saw you with bias, both emotionally and intellectually speaking (?) since I can’t know how you are in real life, outside of here except for your words. And I have allowed my bias, as a result of what you said about me, and what armenius said about me, to kind of take over and I forgot that what we see is not really everything that there is to see of a person. Even without that, that was not the vision of this thread which I had in mind. My sole purpose was to address yours and armenius’ words to me and to defend my opposition to those words - to their falsity.

So I am sorry, Wells, if I hurt you and even if this did not hurt you but just angered you, I am still sorry. No one’s dignity should ever be taken away from them if this is also what you felt.

Wow, I just noticed this post and I have nothing to reply to it…except to say that i never knew that I was THIS bad. Can I be annoying and a pain at times? Sure, and as someone in here remarked to me “You are not squeaky clean, arc”. I know this too. :sad-teareye:

Take care.

Thank you Ierrellus. You just returned some of my breath to me.

arminius,

I will reply to your above post when I have more time. But I do have to say that your post was one of the clearest examples of projection that I’ve ever read. But eh we all have parental issues. And just for the road, your so-called logic about having said that I was pretending to be a consciousness seeker, and then proceeding onward to explain yourself away - well, that was just so much you flowing down DENIAL river. Sadly, you just don’t get it.

Re-read everything which you wrote me - and see what comes to you. See how much of a consciousness seeker you are.
By the way, you might have been better served had you presented your response to me in a clearer more precise way.
It looks like so much gibberish the way you’ve presented it - like having to look for a needle in a haystack…or many of them.

I’ll get back to you. Are you the asp that took the poisonous bite out of Cleopatra. What kept you alive for so long - your poisonous aspect?

You’re a misogynist, aren’t you? It shows clearly in your writing.

I generally agree with ier…but arc you always must analyze where YOU are coming from…

Time is too precious, Arc.

Thank you fuse. I’ve already determined that and will stop this insanity tomorrow.

Hi my swamp friend. I thought that i had responded to this but I think now that I hadn’t.
I agree with you too. This forum isn’t simply about philosophy and science. It is also about socializing as can clearly be seen by many of the posts. I’m not so sure that ilp would have survived this long without that facet of it but we all do need balance. We are social creatures after all and I kind of think that some in here, not many, hug their threads to them too tightly. But that’s their prerogative…perhaps they are more scholarly and serious minded than some or perhaps they are more curmudgeon-like. I will admit that I can be a frisky frolicking she dragon but I am also serious at the same time.

Thanks Kris. :mrgreen:

Armenius,

After having given it some thought, I’ve decided NOT to respond to your last post to me ~~ any posts to me. Any individual has the right to change his or her mind. I was going to respond to it in-depth but after thinking about it, the way I look at it NOW, you have lost your right to any communication from me. Had you said the things you did without all of the insults and abuse, which were way over the top, I would have. I had the impression that you so enjoyed yourself within that post.

No one has to take the kind of verbal abuse which you threw at me - neither women nor men, and quite frankly, on second thought, I don’t see us getting anywhere even had there not been any. But that might be my bias. We would simply be like a dog chasing its own tail until it’s had enough. What’s the cliche or the definition of insanity - continuing to do the same thing over and over again and getting no results - yet doing it anyway.

I don’t wish to engage you in any more conversation and rest assured that I will not be responding to any of your posts, which I intuit would be to both our liking and agreement. Also, anything further which you might say to me in this thread will be ignored.

And last but not least, I am not your little girl. Go in Peace.

Jr. Wells has left the building.

turtle,

No worries turtle - I do ~~ perhaps more than many do.
What about you? Are you seeing anything which needs to be analyzed where you’re concerned? :chores-chopwood: That smilie has always meant something quite specific to me - an imperative. :mrgreen: