AN INVITATION

[size=150]AN INVITATION[/size]

To an informal discussion in the IRC chatroom on Sunday Oct. 9th,
LONDON: 8:00PM NEW YORK: 3:00PM CHICAGO: 2:00PM LA: 12:00PM

TOPIC: The foundations of the good society. If the society in which you live were perfect, what would it look like?

A thought to ponder: Are good citizens formed by their social institutions or are social institutions formed by good citizens?

All are invited. Bring your best thoughts and help build an ILP utopia. :smiley:

Please register in the IRC chatroom beforehand, and if you have any questions, send me a PM. See you there.

JT

Just a short report:

In attendance at various times over two and a half hours, were Impenitent, liquidangel, Tabula Rasa, Thirst4metal, and tentative.

Given the wide-open subject area, we wandered all over the place, but some ideas and viewpoints managed to be discussed. All in all, I think that the participants enjoyed the process, if not the content…

I am encouraged to do this again with a narrower topic, and a bit more organization. I need your ideas and comments. Would you be willing to participate? What topics would interest you? Given the problems of time zone differences, Scheduling a chat time is rather limited and needs to be on a weekend day(night). I chose Sunday for this first effort, but would Sat be a better day?

Let me know what you think of the activity, and we’ll try it again soon.

Thanks to those who participated in this first ‘chat’.

JT