Any Catholic philosophers here?

You’re confused. I didn’t make that claim.

I simply pointed out the error in your reasoning.

Atheists, please go slither away to the atheist threads. There are thousands of them here.

Demonstrably false? Let’s see you demonstrate your evidence.

What made you give up thinking for yourself?

What attracts you to the emprically, obviously false doctrine but “literal” doctrine of transubstatiation? :laughing:

Well that’s okay aint it? You mean only 4 in every 100 priests are KNOWN abusers!!
Surprise, surprise a dim witted apologise validating child abuse.
What a dumb nut you are to beleive that bollocks. Then saying that any one who beleives in the invisible sky daddy can beleive any shit put in front of them.

I am not an atheist, nor am I a Christian proper. I believe in God.

However, I do hope that God’s Hell is the one we make for ourselves through him shining his light on our trespasses, a Hell of our own guilt essentially.

Sorry FreeSpirit. The non-spiritual are always made angry by spirituality they cannot fathom.

The funniest thing is that he’s calling himself “freespirit” after handing over his reason to a doctrine of ignorance and stupidity.

Please go away before I report you to the mods for personal insults.

@dan~

True.

The atheists are dead inside.

Gos doesn’t send anyone to Hell…people choose it because they reject God.

catholic.com/magazine/onlin … ne-to-hell
[/quote]
Even if you believe that, God still controls the punishment. He could make it anything that He wants.

So why would He make it so unpleasant? It seems to be out of proportion to any sin that you could commit in a lifetime.
[/quote]
I wonder if it is only “a” lifetime or many, where we keep recommitting atrocities and pettiness. If all the major religions were combined, in Buddhism and Hinduism our souls have many life times. Basically, we fail to get ourselves sorted, good.

Obviously we’re not the ubermensch chosen by god, but golems born with no soul to taunt pure loving christians like your good holy self.
You must feel so great to be blessed

Sculpto,

I’m reporting your posts for personal insults.

Please find another thread to spread your hate. There are tons of atheist threads where you can do so.

Were you dead inside while being an atheist for 8 years? Or simply darker?

I had that hole where God belongs.

Augustine wrote about it so eloquently:

“Our hearts are restless Lord, until they rest in thee.”

What is a hole filled with? Darkness

This type of spiritual hole is filled with God :slight_smile:

No, the hole of the non-spiritual is filled with darkness, the “off” button, due to guilt and anger. The “on” button for God’s light is always there as well. O:)

Wendy,

What’s your religious background?

Are “Catholic philosophers” different than the brown paper bag type? How so?

They’re admirers and promoters of giants like Aquinas, Augustine and Pascal. :slight_smile: