aphorism

Millions long for immortality but do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.

it is true.

immortality is like insomnia.

I don’t see any conflict. So I want to be alive in 500 years time, to witness the great events that will transpire in that time and to quench myself upon the work of countless great men who are still yet to live. Does it matter that on this particular sunday afternoon I am bored? Of course not.

Well if you want merely to witness, then I suppose what you’re saying makes sense, but I think what he meant by immortality could just as easily be interpreted as immortality in the sense that you are remembered forever rather than just living forever. I guess if you want to be immortal in that sense, you should have something to do on your Sundays.

“I was dreaming that I was dreaming this very dream…ever since I fear that I will wake up.”

Annonymous

Nietzsche is immortal. However, what is more important; to remember the person/event/thing, or what it represented? We will all remember 9/11… that event is immortal, but in 500 years time, how will it be remembered? Will it simply be remembered as a tragic event in the history of the United States of America? Or will it be remembered for what it represented; the starting point for when freedom began ceasing to be free.

Even more broad… There are no more real philosophers left in the world, but philosophy lives on influencing everything and everyone. Philosophy is immortal.

Why can there be no more real philosphers in the world?