Are members of the gay community better adjusted, in a moral

Karpel Tunnel,

I am thinking of one right now, especially when posting to a mixed group, perhaps the most important one, though some may not think of it as a tool, per se. It begins with the letter “c”.

Sometimes arguing about religion, religious beliefs and one’s own subjective thinking can be like spitting into the wind. One has to be really open-minded to want to or to allow their thinking to be changed or at least to want to listen to what the other guy has to say. Do we start out with open minds or with steel traps?

But the “c” word is a good beginning and ending to any argument and can lead to good things happening…hopefully.

I am not sure what the c word is. I am not sure one needs an open mind. I was reacting to both Greatest tone, which can be insulting, and then also that he feels that it is ok to use propaganda since ‘they’ do. But since we are not all they, here, using propaganda just add more noise to the signal to noise ratio.

Karpel Tunnel,

Civility. :evilfun:

Well, at least a partially open mind. I was not necessarily speaking about religion and everything which seems to count for truth and fact because someone believes that their interpretation is the right or only one that matters. True, though, there are times when what we read makes us realize that we may not even need to use our minds to digest it.

Well, for that I might use a word which begins with “h” lol. People maintain their beliefs so adamantly for whatever reason that there is just no room sometimes for a mind change.

The way that I look at is that that is a tool which probably sends us away from getting at the truth.
I am asking a question here though. Do you think that it can be effective?
I suppose that it can be with people who do not want to take the time to think things out at all, people who are willing to adopt another’s way of thinking so easily. Propaganda can be a powerful took as history has shown.

I wonder how many empty spaces might be left, how many less pages filled up here, if we only really focused on what we truly believed and thought? I suppose things would remain the same.
Belief is a really powerful thing, isn’t it?
I read some of the things in the Religion forum and I feel like I am at times experiencing the Tower of Babel.