Aristotle Questions

I’m doing a school project on Aristotle based on the themes tradition/rejection, belief/non-belief, and search for meaning. Can anyone help me relate these themes to Aristotle or answer some questions for me?

do your own research.

bring something to the table before you ask for others to do the same.

One of the most profound paintings is Rembrandt’s “Aristotle Contemplating the Bust of Homer.” research the story behind that, its very deep very emotional. Lots of thinking and reflecting.

I have done A LOT of research you asshole so don’t imply that I’m just trying to take the easy way out. I just don’t understand some of it and i was wondering if I could find someone that knew something about him for a little clarification.

Bring that research to the table then. Maybe we can ignore then the words “asshole” and “school project”.

btw why is this topic in the psychology section?

well said. hahaha i was ready to give everything i had …but when i read those key phrases i figured i’d just go do something else. :sunglasses:

Hey, moonshine, send me a private message and i’ll try my best to answer your questions. College for me included four years of classes in Aristotle.

Because of your question, however, i worry that you may be trying to deconstruct Aristotle. I know next to nothing about that process, but perhaps you could teach me a little about it? I’ve heard nothing good about deconstruction, myself.

I don’t know if you’re going to even read this thread again, but screw you.

Did you read the rules of posting in these forums? Obviously not. You’re not even a member your just a guest who showed up asking for help with your stupid assignment.

We aren’t here to do your homework for you, so re-read your supposed research and make your own freakn conclusions.

<<Hey, moonshine, send me a private message and i’ll try my best to answer your questions. College for me included four years of classes in Aristotle.

Because of your question, however, i worry that you may be trying to deconstruct Aristotle. I know next to nothing about that process, but perhaps you could teach me a little about it? I’ve heard nothing good about deconstruction, myself.>>

That was me. We all need help sometimes. I won’t do your work for you, but maybe we can think some of it out together.

Vale bene,
Le Chevalier Mal Fet

i just read the story about “Aristotle Contemplating the bust of Homer”… very very interesting… :sunglasses:

:smiley: That painting has always been a favorite of mine. They just don’t make them like that anymore. I saw it at the NewYork Metro.Museum.
Surprisingly, they don’t tell you the story behind it, my former art teacher had told us about it years ago.

I, for one, would like to hear that story!

visit artchive.com/artchive/R/remb … l.jpg.html