Arnold Schwarzenegger

[size=50]1st: how do I get to do what I want to do?
Second: what do I want to do?
Third: what is ‘I’?

In the answer to the third question an answer to the first may be found.

For example: Pete drinks a beer. Hank also wants a beer, but has no money, and is under legal drinking age. So he orders a coke, and hits Pete with it on the head.

The important thing here is How. Bashing Pete on the head.
The second important is Why. Why does Hank bash Pete on the head with a coke bottle? Because he wanted something else than what he had. This is the soul of the question - the situation leading up to it.
The third is who is Hank? Or Pete? Who gives a shit, until one of them bashes the others head in with an objet petit-a?[/size]

So, you feel you want to ask me what the best question in psychology is…

WHATTT???

I liked the Conan Movies. In posting that pic, are you implying a subconscious sympathy with the doctrine of:

“To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.”

And more pressingly: Do you like wearing the horny hat…?

Yes. To be precise its like coming down from the hills, the devil trips on a vine, hanging loose, injured, now snapped. the Devil with his face in the dirt is confused. this wasnt supposed to happen.

You know how it is when you know how it is. The Devil always crosses his own path. Thats why he does not exist, and why he is everywhere anyone refuses to be.

Um. :-k

Jakob,

So what you are saying is that you define your Self by what you do - is that it?

Today the I may be this and tomorrow the I may be that. And next year, the I may be blossoming/becoming someone so totally different.

So how can you possibly define what you want to do by the I?

Sort of - , I think my self-knowledge is derived primarily from the possibilities I seek and roads I walk.

Well yes but they all combine. Thats no argument against it - I never claimed to be a monadic will or acting machine.

The question I asked myself is first: how do I get to do what I want to do, only second what do I want to do.

But lets not ponder this for too long - Arnold is almost sworn out.