astrology

Sculptor

Aries? Capricorn? :evilfun:

@Sculptor, some astrologists want to call what they do a “science”, but I think it’s painfully clear that the astrological community as a whole is allergic to the idea that it is one.

Yo, Fixed!

You’re up!!

One person’s defense of astrology
Faye Blake-Cossar
Defending astrolgy: time for a new approach

So, if this is the new approach, what exactly is the old one?

Here is someone who actually believes that the catastophic earthquake/tsunami that devasted Japan back then was as a result of the planet Uranus entering Aries. Or is she saying something different?

Old, new or some still to be described account of astrology…how on earth can people actually bring themselves to believe things like this.

Then the the part I usually reserve for those who believe in God: theodicy.

Now, like God, do the celestial bodies actually bring about natural disasters like this? And, if so, can it be claimed that they are then morally responsible for the terrible devastation that destroys hundreds of thousands of lives…that kills thousand more?

How exactly do the astrologers make sense of this relationship between celestial bodies, natural disasters and human tragedies?

Does Uranous – 1.8155 billion miles from us – actually possess the power to bring about earthquakes and tsunamis on Earth? How exactly? And how does Uranus coordinate these things with Saturn and Jupiter and Neptune and all the other celestial bodies in the solar system?

Seriously, how is this understood by astrologers?

A prediction made after the fact is no prediction at all.

Edit: what I mean to say is, of course “predicting” a disaster after it happened and saying “astrology could have predicted that” is absolute baloney. If astrology could have predicted it, why didn’t Astrology predict it? Was there an astrologer out there that knew the disaster was going to happen, and chose to withhold that information? That doesn’t sound very ethical.

_
I Guinea pig, am going to physically-correlate the two concepts below, and verify if the resultant state from the process really does energise, for the following day.

What is the purpose of Moon Salutations?

Moon Salutations are considered cooling and soothing for the body, as opposed to the heating, invigorating nature of the Sun Salutations. They are considered particularly useful for practicing during the full moon, new moon or waning moon, as these are times when the body’s energy is naturally thought to be lower.

66C7196A-983A-4367-9534-F6BF4175C1B1.jpeg__
To correlate with the above…

Current Time: 26 Apr 2022, 07:32:10
Moon Phase Tonight: Waning Crescent
New Moon: 30 Apr 2022, 21:28 (Next Phase)
Third Quarter: 23 Apr 2022, 12:56 (Previous Phase)

Next up to do, after that ^^^

0ACB944A-83D6-4929-981A-120932A9AEE5.jpeg

_
So what was it, that made me think of doing that… well: a few days ago, my cat was bombing-it around the house, and a few days later I remembered that it had been a full moon a few days before… so was probably why.

And now he’s lounging around all calm-as, like nothing happened, and he didn’t lose his sh*t. :laughing:

In any case… will the yoga practice work, in what it claims to do, in cooling and soothing the physical. I could do with that.

No NO

It always pretended t be a science, but found that it was unsustainable with the advent of the serious science of astronomy.
Even Newton followed astrology as it was part of the common endemic assumptions of his world.
Somewhat inexcusable given the dates of Francis Bacon. But progress can take time.

I do not think it is so much that the astrological community is allergic to the idea that it is one, more that that are allergic to any thing about it, having no idea what science is.

_
Mine is spot on… so does that make me a vampire… :laughing: