Australian politics: Oh. My. God.

is John howard the devil, or just a puppet?

• Devil
  • Puppet
0 voters

Howard. John Howard. John Winston Howard.

he won the election. he won the election. he won the election. he won the election.

nope, no matter how many times i restate it, it still makes no sense. how could the australian public have supported a warmonger? a racist and social bigot? a blatant liar, and mopreover one who has had his lies proven false. a man who gave private schools disproportionate funding and increased university fees? a man who has sounded the death knell of medicare? a man who supports logging the tasmanian forests to death, and who has presided over the decline of the murray system? who locked away refugees in maximum security detention centres, spreading lies to fuel paranoia of a terrorist invasion? these people were fleeing the very countries Johnny gleefuly went to war with! how did this man gain another term, indeed with an increased majority? how, how HOW!?

i’ll tell you how: the economy. riding on the wave of good fortune created by the policies of the hawke and keating governments, Johnny has presided over an unusual period of good fortune. he told the lie that he was solely responsible for this state of affairs, that the liberals were keeping interest rates low, whereas as any good economist knows, interest rates have barely anything to do with those in power. he said the economy was the biggest issue in the election. and for selfish, amoral australia, it was. this election was a conscience vote, and its result shows that we have no conscience. here’s to another 3 years! now where’s the cyanide… :cry:

I disagreed with him on a number of issues. But I support his stand on private schools, even though I went to a public school.

The fact is, no one do onto others as you would do onto yourself. Because we are different, others are NOT the same. This world is full of prejudice, indeed everyone is full of prejudice. We are not the same in this world, only before God.

you southerners sound like us liberal northerners. Australia and America, such similarities

the same way the US will this fall. The leaders in charge now our playing the publics fears like puppet masters.

But at the same time… can a country just be expected to bend over and take terrorism?

If we didnt’ respond to 9-11 the way we did do you think they would’ve stopped their attacks?

Iraq is a tangent for Bush one that should get him kicked out of office, but global terrorism needs to be fought globally by all countries.

If the UK had given into the terrorists demands and released the prisoners do you think that they wouldn’t have still killed their captive? in fact I dare say once they found out such tactics worked they would start doing such tactics on a more regular basis.

War is an ugly thing but I think it’s fast coming to the point the world will realize it’s necessity. Just as in WW2.

just some random worldwide thoughts for ya.

I have decided that a distinterest in politics is the symptom of an efficient society. When a society’s members cease to be interested in its governance, said governance has been relegated to a role of little impace. Because people pay most attention to their greatest need, a disinterest in politics is indicitive of a society in which politics is a lesser difficulty.

I didn’t vote for Howard, but I am left alone to pursue my own desires.

-T

Actually, yes.

You may also not that they have not stopped their attacks.

Well, although I didn’t put the Liberals first, I did put them before Labor.

Labor is just too disorganised at the moment, and they tend to keep changing their minds on issues. Mark Latham is also a bit too agressive. Did you see the way he shook the PMs hand? I had to weigh up the options between their policies and their actions. Mark Latham tends to shoot off at the mouth.

I put the Christian Democrats last.

“I have decided that a distinterest in politics is the symptom of an efficient society. When a society’s members cease to be interested in its governance, said governance has been relegated to a role of little impace. Because people pay most attention to their greatest need, a disinterest in politics is indicitive of a society in which politics is a lesser difficulty.”

not only that, but our politicans have become dependant on this ignorance it was a cornerstone of the election campaign (and issues like tampa, reconciliation etc)…

so maybe its a case of bliss causing ignorance- it always seems to only be the disillusioned and unhappy that make it their perrogativte to be informed (hopefully on both sides of the coin)… most seem happy not carring

Is this the same man that BANNED gay marriage?

Is this the same man that put in COMPLUSORY voting?

Is this the same man that shipped 2000 troops over to Iraq?

Is this the same man that wants to cut down the tasmainian forests?

As much as I hate most labour parties, I would have voted for Mark.