Aventador and iambiguous go at it

Rude Ad Hom.
And im not reading any Ad Homs from iambiguous.
Only from you.
I recommend you show respect.
Even if you dislike someone.
They are still human beings.
Being rude is a bad idea.
I don’t like to see it on the forums.

you started it by calling him a pipsqueak

I hope this is some kind of joke. You must read very selectively. This whole thread is one big ad hom.

However, seeing as my hands are tied, I am afraid I can’t “go at it” with you iambiguous, and I bid you good day.

But none of this ever happened. To you, anyway.

And to promethean, I am sorry guy, but going to war is the kind of thing that changes you in a way that you cannot “guess” and use as a metaphorical example. A real man would say “imagine a soldier getting back from Vietnam…” But then, obviously, people would pounce on him for the daring.

If he didn’t actually go to Vietnam, and he didn’t, his whole thing collapses. That is why he has taken the accusation to heart to this extent.

Beside the fact that it really is a slap in the face to all the people that did actually go through something requiring that level of manliness.

Alright, sayonara. See you around, iambiguous.

Look, I’m not complaining about what he calls me. It’s just that he puts so little thought into it, it is a disgrace even to ad-homs.

Aventador:
But none of this ever happened. To you, anyway.

And to promethean, I am sorry guy, but going to war is the kind of thing that changes you in a way that you cannot “guess” and use as a metaphorical example. A real man would say “imagine a soldier getting back from Vietnam…” But then, obviously, people would pounce on him for the daring.

If he didn’t actually go to Vietnam, and he didn’t, his whole thing collapses. That is why he has taken the accusation to heart to this extent.

Beside the fact that it really is a slap in the face to all the people that did actually go through something requiring that level of manliness.

Alright, sayonara. See you around, iambiguous.
[/quote]
K: the real question is this, why does this bother Advent so much?
Why does he care so much about his “belief” that Iam didn’t go to Vietnam…

it really isn’t a fact that would require one to overreact in such a manner unless,
unless this fact that IAM did go to Vietnam means that Avent has questioned
his own courage… to go to war means to have courage… something that Advent
seems not to have…I have read that children in their twenties don’t believe
that Helen Keller wasn’t blind or deaf… but why have such a curious belief?
I believe that people don’t want to believe that Helen Keller was blind and deaf
because it makes them look bad… look at what she could do blind and deaf that
people who are “Normal” can’t do…it is envy and jealousy that drives such
strange beliefs… Avent has envy and is jealous of IAM for going to Vietnam
because it is something that Advent doesn’t have the courage to do himself…

it exposes Advent for being weak… as he is…for Advent to attack IAM
one this particular grounds, means that Advent has some serious issues to work out…

as for me, I am quite a bit older then Advent, and the stories IAM tell of Vietnam
strike a cord with me because I have heard it before from other Vets…for I missed
Vietnam by just a couple of years… and the fact is I was born 4-F… unable to serve no
matter what…but I have heard the stories and they are similar to what IAM has told…

so if Advent continue to attack IAM on this point, means he has the issues, and
they are some serious issues to attack someone about serving in a war…

Kropotkin

I gave you ample opportunity to go beyond the huffing and puffing. Here and elsewhere.

And this…

…is what still intrigues me most about you in Stooge mode.

You’ll either grapple with this yourself or you won’t.

it’s so weird that you just go on and on in this loop calling everyone names all the time i mean aren’t you like a senior citizen? do better.

Really, how can I not be mystified as why it is so important to him to claim that I was never in the United States Army…and that I never served in Vietnam. When straight from my DD214: “ref item 22c: VIETNAM 27APR69 to 4APR70” .

Two things I still remember vividly about my last day there. I was helicoptered down from Song Be to my base camp at Pho Loi. I walked into the barracks and I couldn’t believe my eyes. There standing before me was Gary Crigger.

Who was he? Well, only the husband of my sister.

Finally, there I am at the Tan Son Nhut Air Base. Outside the hanger is that “freedom bird” that would take me and all the others “back to the world”. An officer then warned us that there were many things that we could not take on board. But he assured us that if we took those things from our duffel bags and put them in the barrels – boxes? tables? – in the back, we would not be held up. I still recall the things that I very, very reluctantly left behind…

Only it was all a scam. They never had any intention of busting anyone. We were just ordered to pack up our things and head for the plane.

Anyway, surely if Aventador had some way to actually demonstrate that I was never there, no one would be more fascinated to hear it than me. I know I was there but, well, what if that is all just “in my head”. And he can prove it!!

Instead, it all seems to revolve around what he just knows is true about soldiers and war. My guess: nothing.

Or, if he does know a lot first hand, I’ll ask him, as I once did of our very own unflushable Turd, to share it with me. And not just the part about the medals.

And this thing about “masculinity”. Apparently the very thought that I might be more of what he construes a man should be is simply beyond his willingness to accept.

On the other hand, I was drafted. And yet, the Army scammed me into changing my service number into one that started with RA.

But that’s for another thread.

Finally, what collapses if I didn’t go to Vietnam, is the man I am today. Had I not met Mac and the others, I might have stayed a devout Christian and a staunch conservative. And [shudder to think] be just another right wing fulminating fanatic here.

Come on, we’ve been over this time and again. Note an exchange I have had with anyone here in which I was the one that started in on huffing and puffing.

Also, sift through a few of the posts I contribute here…

ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 1&t=170060
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 8&t=195930
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 8&t=196100
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 8&t=196110
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 1&t=175121
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 1&t=195600
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 1&t=176529
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 5&t=185296
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 1&t=175006
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 5&t=186929
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 1&t=195614
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 1&t=195964
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 5&t=185296
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 1&t=194382

…and note where that is the case.

Look, if you wish for me to continue to spin you around and around let’s go back here: ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … &start=550

You’re up:

it just seems like youve been a bit manic over this last few weeks and you seem really stressed out

Well, there is this thread.

Which you started with :

Oh, sure, you can rationalize it as defending yourself from an attack that someone else started in another thread.

But you could have let it die. You could have walked away.

Instead, you started a new thread which attacks him in the OP.

I think this makes two firsts:

1st on ignore list, and 1st to call in cavalry for.

Niahaha ok iam, we’ll call it a tko.

Kind friend.

ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 3#p2821773

Sure, maybe. Or maybe not.

I always come back to the manner in which I still don’t fully grasp how this observation from Nicholas Urfe regarding Maurice Conchis…

“He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest.”

…is applicable to me. I sense intuitively, viscerally it is very much applicable. But given the manner in which I construe “I” here as an existential fabrication rooted in countless variables – going back to my birth – I can never fully understand or control, I can never really be certain.

Perhaps you might be willing to discuss this further with me yourself. On the philosophy board for example.

Or, sure, in the Rant House. I can always entertain myself with another Stooge. :sunglasses:

iambiguous:
…“is applicable to me. I sense intuitively, viscerally it is very much applicable. But given the manner in which I construe “I” here as an existential fabrication rooted in countless variables – going back to my birth – I can never fully understand or control, I can never really be certain.”

K: I see this as part of the modern condition… we can never be sure about our beliefs
and how they pertain to us… what is my own personal role in capitalism? I seem to
only exists to create profits for capitalism which certainly doesn’t go to me, but it
goes to upper management and stockholders… I get barely enough wages to survive,
just barely…how does that make working in capitalism worth it?

but the modern condition is more then just understanding
our working conditions… it is the fact that we are isolated
and separated from ourselves, our fellow human beings and
the society at large… hence I hold that we are all, every single one of us,
existing exactly as IAM is…fractured and isolated and fragmented…
the only difference is that IAM can see his fractured and fragmented self…
the ones who attack IAM are simply blind people who haven’t seen or
have rejected their fractured and fragmented selves…

IAM is the modern man because he can see his current state…
in other words, he has followed Socrates better then anyone else
around here… he has engaged in the Socratic maxims better then
anyone else…

to know thyself and the unexamined life isn’t worth living…

he at least knows he is fracture and fragmented… the others around
here don’t have a clue… and that is what worth fighting for…
to discover what it means to be a modern human being,
and that means discovering that the modern state of being human is
to be fractured and fragmented… that is what the modern human being faces…

and how do we escape this modern state of being fractured and fragmented?

that is the question that IAM is asking… what does it take to escape being a modern
man… how does one escape being fractured and fragmented? I too am fractured
and fragmented as are you… but at least I know my current state…
I am aware of, I have followed Socrates in his maxim, to know thyself…
have you?

IAM is aware of being modern… are you equally aware of being fragmented
and fractured?

Kropotkin

On the contrary. This thread only exist because Pedro/Aventador followed me to Maia’s dream thread in order to pursue this obsession he has with “getting” me.

All of which exist only because of his obsession [as a Stooge] with turning this all into a parody, a mockery of me. In other words, of his own existential rendition of “I” rooted in dasein. Hell, you yourself sometimes play the Stooge here out to make it all about me…to “get” me. Doesn’t any of it sound familiar?

Yeah, I noted to felixdacat that I use these defense mechanisms too.

And, sure, I can walk away from all of my Stooges here.

But where’s the fun in that?!!

It was done so you could get Dan~. It’s fine though, you can dish it out but you can’t take it, we all know what you are made of now.

What I mean, Dan~, of course, is that he is made of gold and beauty.

And is NOT a punk.

And, you know, for whatever the record may be worth, because this fine fellow has the beauty to mention obsession and the Maia thread I so rudely intersected, this I believe is the last thing that person wrote in that thread she started.

See you out there, kid.

This thread exists because you chose to create it.

I’m not here to get you. I’m here to show you some of the things that you are doing. If you see them, then you might understand why some people stop interacting with you. And once you understand, then you could adjust and have better interactions.

If that’s your idea of fun …

If that’s what you want …

Then don’t change anything.