back to the beginning: morality

It was not meant to be a compliment nor an insult but I have always seen him this way. The splitting of wood is a positive.

Well, may your light shine in the darkness of others.

More like splitting stone.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjsRBcPivT8[/youtube]

I never asked you to hold back… it is you who disappears from the conversation or endlessly repeats yourself, when you mentally hit a wall and fall into paternosterisms.

That onus is on you, not anyone else… being disingenuous/ingenuine is not particularly moral.

Come on, MagsJ, as I noted previously, given that I am involved in numerous exchanges both here and at PN, I might “disappear” from the occasional exchange with you. That’s why I asked you to get back to me if that was ever the case.

Also, you have “disappeared” yourself from our exchanges. Just recently you noted that you would get back to me regarding our exchange on gib’s thread:

Overall, my main impression of you is that you are here less to engage in actual philosophical discourse and more to use ILP as just another “social media” outlet to “chat” with others about “things”. That and to convey your own rooted existentially in dasein political prejudices. It’s here that you share many of Satyr’s own right-wing declamations regarding the odious “liberals”. This is what draws you to him, in my own subjective opinion. Only here he has his intellectual contraptions and you your “intrinsic Self”.

Then back to this:

This and Satre’s own “political prejudices”.

This is going back the last few years, not recent times.

Yes… from 1 exchange.

The conversation had turned to women and their voluptuosity… I took a break, I left you ‘guys’ to it.

You seem to have answered your own inquiries… if you have any new ones, let me know…?

…what else?

Stop being such a ‘nihilist’…

…or you could just answer these:

Enslaving others is/isn’t wrong?
Forced abortions are/aren’t wrong?
Prejudices are/aren’t wrong?
Wars are/aren’t wrong? etc. etc. etc.

Astro Cats’ photo being faux, not Maia’s…

I rarelychat’ on social media…

Everyone here has aired their political views, from time to time… some views, being attacked more than others…

Your impression of me, is incorrect!

Why would any of that, be of interest to anyone?

“Look at a stone cutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred-and-first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not the last blow that did it, but all that had gone before.”
― Jacob August Riis

There is ancient story about a stone cutter who felt himself powerless and grim
When he passed a wealthy merchant’s and said, “I wish that I was him.”

Then he became the merchant but one day watching the King parading by
He said, “If I could only be the King, no one would be as powerful as I.”

Then he became the King but before the day was done
He saw the power in the daylight and he wished he was the sun.

Then he became the sun high in the sky for everyone to see
And smiling contentedly he said, “Nothing is as powerful as me.”

Until one day a huge black cloud moved in blocking his sunny glow
No longer did he shine so bright on the people down below.

“That cloud is more powerful than me.” He said, “Oh it would make me very proud
To have the power he possessed, I wish I were the cloud.”

Then he became the cloud and quickly his wish he would rescind
When he realized that he, the cloud, could be driven by the wind.

“I wish I was the wind.” He said, “With all that energy and speed
Oh, if only I could be the wind I’ll have everything I need.”

Then he became the wind and, harnessing his power, he blew both night and day
Until he came upon a huge, towering rock which he could not blow away.

“That rock is truly powerful I cannot budge it…I am shocked
I wish to be that powerful…I wish to be that rock.”

Then he became the rock and was happy being as mighty as he could be.
For he could think of no force in nature more powerful than he.

One day he felt someone chisel into his hard surface and as the day passed by
He felt weak and wondered, “Who in the world could be more powerful than I? ”

He looked down to see who wielded such power and was immediately filled with awe
He could not believe his eyes…for a stone cutter is who he saw.

That’s the story, I hope you like it and so as not to cause confusion…
I leave it up to all of you to draw your own conclusion. 

Jim Yerman

Chew on slowly to digest. Some cool wisdom in that poem.

Power is relative.
One does what he can, with the tools he has in his possession, and the talent he inherited form his parents.

Can you cite actual examples of me disappearing from an exchange with you, you reminding me of that and me still ignoring you? Exchanges that contained actual philosophy and not the “social media” stuff.

No, from others. I recall one in which both you and wendy darling came after me but than did not respond to my posts.

Anyway, the past being what you and I both remember it to be, let’s agree not to ignore each other’s post going forward pertaining to philosophy or other substantive issues.

On the other hand, the manner in which you respond to my point here…

…is not exactly what I had in mind. Where’s the beef as they say?

How about the arguments you’d make?

Right. Find the nihilist button in my brain and switch it to off.

Right. After I switch the dasein button in my brain to off. Of course for you there’s the “intrinsic Self” button that “just knows” how to think and feel about conflicting goods. But there is no off on it, is there?

Fine. We can just agree to completely disagree here. Others can click on “Search user’s posts” and decide for themselves how much philosophy is in them.

Because it might strike them as…ironic? Satyr and his racist, sexist diatribes. You [to the best of my knowledge] not addressing that.

And just for the record, are you gay or Jewish? :-k

_
Resorting to condescension, as expected… there’s definitely a fallacy, for that.

Leave me out of your game… you’re not up to it!

I’ll watch from the sidelines and say my piece at will… the floor is all your’s.

My contribution to society:
youtu.be/amrTOsYa4sA

:laughing:

No, seriously.

_
:laughing-rolling:

…it’s the stare to camera, that really gets me. :laughing:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZpi-XVvG20[/youtube]

Even dogs can learn from watching others.

I, await… Their reaction. 8-[

:slight_smile:

:laughing:

Of course: TikTok!!! :laughing:

Next up: knowthyself.forumotion.net/t2021-race

Me? I’m no less “fractured and fragmented” here as well. Given the staggering complexity of genes begetting memes begetting possible changes in the genes themselves there are countless conflicting arguments able to be made about race and gender and sexual orientation.

I’m just not insisting that everyone must think exactly as I do about them or they are, among other things, “morons”.

Evolution has become God to the average moron. Everything is evolution, evolution is everywhere, nature explains everything. How to conceive morality? Nature, evolution. Except that evolution is a process and does not explain its outcomes in all their manifestations and aspects because the study of evolution is a study of the process itself, just like the study of weather does not explain the process of gravity making sure rain always falls down, not up(because it does not always do so) or it does not explain the technology the aviation industry uses to navigate through thick clouds around the globe. And regarding nature, it simply does not exist and the world is nonsensical, except when it is applied in an obvious and general way and then it is trivial. If evolution evolved humans, and humans have a morality, then it does not follow that evolution explains morality but the moron thinks it perfectly does, because he makes that very mistake. So what is morality, why is morality. To aid evolution solely, ie. to aid survival… Even if this is true…this does not explain it fully. Its just stating the obvious, except that evolution does not even ‘evolve survival’, but evolve reproduction…which is far less mechanistically explanatory premise.

Do you get it, though… does it resonate? …or shall I not mention the diversion-elephant in the room.

Just how many YouTube links do you think you have posted on ILP, in total? …including all those dull one-liners and ancient-quip vids?

You, divert… ignore… repeat… cajole… lie… stir… back-track… what else? …too many to list.

Its because evolution is so FUNDAMENTAL of a cause, so little of its products can be explained by the study of it solely. Like a butterfly effect… Study sperm penetrating the egg as much as you want…how much of an understanding of human behaviour and actions and their outcomes will you grasp??? will you understand how a watch a human made works??? idiots should play sudoku

Pick one:

:angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :romance-adore: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming:: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming:

The wedding is still on, right?