Bible passages that make no sense

If you take these at face value:

1. God demands the death of innocent people in the Bible
  2. You are capable of doing anything - even if it is impossible (just think, I could be invisible for a day)
  3. If you pray for something you will receive it. But you don’t always receive it.
  4. God creates evil.
  5. People who work on Sunday will be put to death (no more football)
  6. Homosexuals shall be murdered
  7. Those who don’t eat the flesh of Jesus or drink his blood have no life in them.

Luke 1:37 (New International Version) For nothing is impossible with God."

Matthew 21:22 And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you shall receive.

John 16:23 Truly truly. I say to you if you ask the Father for anything, he will give it to you in my name

Mark 11:24 Therefore I say to you all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them and they shall be granted you

Matthew 7:7-8 Ask and it shall be given to you; seek and you shall find; knock and it shall be opened to you; For everyone who asks receives and those who seek find, and to the one who knocks it shall be opened.

Isaiah 45:7 “I make peace and create evil”

Why does God demand the death of so many innocent people in the Bible?
Exodus 35:2 For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a Sabbath of rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it must be put to death.

Deuteronomy 21:18-21 If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who does not obey his father and mother and will not listen to them when they discipline him, his father and mother shall take hold of him and bring him to the elders at the gate of his town. They shall say to the elders, “This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a profligate and a drunkard.” Then all the men of his town shall stone him to death. You must purge the evil from among you. All Israel will hear of it and be afraid.

Leviticus 20:13 If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

Deuteronomy 22:13-21 13 If a man takes a wife and, after lying with her, dislikes her 14 and slanders her and gives her a bad name, saying, “I married this woman, but when I approached her, I did not find proof of her virginity,” 15 then the girl’s father and mother shall bring proof that she was a virgin to the town elders at the gate. 16 The girl’s father will say to the elders, “I gave my daughter in marriage to this man, but he dislikes her. 17 Now he has slandered her and said, ‘I did not find your daughter to be a virgin.’ But here is the proof of my daughter’s virginity.” Then her parents shall display the cloth before the elders of the town, 18 and the elders shall take the man and punish him. 19 They shall fine him a hundred shekels of silver [a] and give them to the girl’s father, because this man has given an Israelite virgin a bad name. She shall continue to be his wife; he must not divorce her as long as he lives.
20 If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the girl’s virginity can be found, 21 she shall be brought to the door of her father’s house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death. She has done a disgraceful thing in Israel by being promiscuous while still in her father’s house. You must purge the evil from among you.

John 6:53, 55 Unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in yourselves. For my flesh is true food and my blood is true drink;

Are we to expect (at least) 10th century BCE and 2nd/3rd century CE religious writings to make sense at face value in the 21st century CE?
At least 30 and 18-19 centuries differences between these texts and our western culture and we expect this to be face value without culture or people considered at all?

How about we go dig up some texts on Ra and take them at face value?

How are we supposed to know which Bible passages are meant to be taken literally or seriously and which ones aren’t?

We aren’t.
Or rather said; we can’t.

The Christians I have asked say anyone should easily be able to know which passages to take literally.