brand NEW GOD

do you see god as a person

I’d ague that belief in God is personal; but God is not a person. I see God as creator and sustainer of the universe because it is part of God. For me, God is Reality and Nature, as you say.

I don’t understand why telling about what you believe is personal…you can make it personal…but I think it is a very good question that jesus would approve of…
the formula that was presented means this----------god is nature///////////and nature is the only reality we have at the present time…
I don’t understand that god is creator…

ier how can a creator god not be a person…there seems to be a disconnect here…

By definition, “nature” is less than all of reality. But other than that, turtle is right. Although I have to say that such is hardly “new”, but rather perhaps the oldest and most original and understood by the highest.

There can be no greater God than reality itself (more than merely “nature”).
God is The Situation (aka “Reality”) and that which determines ALL that can or cannot be.
“I AM that which IS”.

The pantheism has four mainstreams:

1. Theomonistic pantheism: only God exists; the self-existence of the world is repealed.
  2. Physionomistic pantheism: only the world exists (but is called “God”); the self-existence of God is repealed.
  3. Transcendental pantheism (also called “panentheism”): the world is an appearance of God who contains the world; the self-existence of the world is not repealed but relativised.
  4. Immanent-transcendeental pantheism: God realises himself in (the things of) the world; the self-existence of God is not repealed but relativised.

I think your formulation may have a problem…as soon as you use the term THE SITUATION that tends to complicate something that is simple…when I use the term nature it means the nature of everything…it is more inclusive than the
situation…my formula is as good as yours…yours is not better than mine james…also mine includes reality…you may just trying to one-up me…

God is a force, not a person. The Bible recounts evolving perspectives about what God is like, evolving from the OT God of wrath to the NT God of love. In these books God is a person; but I believe we have evolved in understanding to consider God as the prime mover and sustainer of the universe, as a force behind and including our sense of reality. And still, I would agree with Eckhart that anything we say about God is a lie, simply because we do not know the ultimate of anything.

this god of force…what kind of force are you talking about…

Love.

is worship and prayer part of the love force

Worship by being the best person you can possibly be and pray for that for yourself and others.

the reason I asked you…many people in my church are worshipping and praying all the time…I just don’t understand what they are doing…to me the word worship involves another person or something that is above me…an authority

Don’t you worship nature?

And doesn’t nature tell you what to do? It’s your authority.

me worship nature…I don’t think so…
I have no true authority…I don’t think so…
do I pray…not really

Then you are a god among men. :wink:

why would you ever say that…
the problem that people have is fear…
there are plenty of things to fear but god is not one of them…
what do you think…I respect your opinion phyllo

Worship of persons is idolatry. To worship is to follow the Way (Tao). Worshipping a God of love simply means following the Golden Rule.
People pray out of fear. They long for a supernatural fixit person. That’s all too human; but, from a spiritual perspective, it is infantile.

ier I never knew this about you…I cant believe you…I feel exactly the same as you do…
are you sure you are not bullshitting…these atheists think they are so smart…i call it smartass

Not bullshitting!