camus on nihilism

That was a bit abusive. But I had invested some emotion in the idea that you were actually playing along in a poetic process.
When you had reduced it back to your crude & vacuous nihilism I was very contemptuous.

In the philosophy forum and in a “Camus on nihilism” thread?

Gee, what was I thinking?! :wink:

Let me guess: you demonstrate this merely by believing it is true.

How about this:

Given the argument I make in the OP [and all jokes aside] let’s explore nihilism as it relates to a context revolving around that which is of most interest to me: conflicting goods. Here, in particular, on being either optimistic or pessimistic given in turn an existential intertwining of professing a philosophy of life embedded in a particular set of circumstances.

This way you can explain in more detail why I am not taken seriously. And, indeed, why no rational human being [all jokes aside] ought to take me seriously.

Note to others:

Goad him into bringing this retort out into the world that we live and interact in. Challenge him to note a particular context relevant to the argument I make in the OP. Make him expound more substantively on why the components of my own philosophy are “crude & vacuous”.

And, by all means, all jokes [and flippant ripostes] aside.

:-k and/or :wink: and/or :laughing: and/or :banana-dance: