Choosing Moderators?

modified against your will, you say? I thought I had noticed something happening with some of mine. I’d read back over it to proofread after I post and would notice certain small things being the exact opposite of what I had meant to say. Just little things that I’d have to go in and fix.

I thought my subconscious was fucking with me, but that makes a lot more sense.

I have no idea if he’s interested, but Moreno would make a good moderator.

True (despite him having me on ignore). As are Uccisore and H_O. Carleas has more than half of what he needs already. It doesn’t seem that difficult to me to go ahead and do it right.

I wouldn’t jump to conclusions on that. It is very common for people to not type a “not” where they were thinking it but not paying enough attention to what they were typing, in effect saying the opposite as what they intended.

if it was just a simple matter of leaving a word out, I would not be jumping to conclusions. If not for it having been brought up by someone else who seems to have similar thought-structure to my own, I would not be jumping to conclusions. Even now, I am not jumping to conclusions. I am merely mentioning it since it was brought up and I had the same suspicion prior to it being brought up. It is now on the table and multiple parties are made aware of the possible problem. If people want to jump to conclusions; since this was brought up; that one of the moderators is changing peoples posts, then perhaps they should consider that possibility and be wary of it and be extra careful to proof-read their posts quite a few times to ensure that the same isn’t happening to them.

I am certain that Carleas will not be jumping to conclusions in assuming that one of his moderators is doing this.

Care to post what it was you remember saying and comparing that with what ended up being said? Maybe then we can assess whether or not is was a kind of typo or whether it seems something else is afoot.

Or you can create the posts most important to you in a wordpad document [it allows BBCode] and just copy and paste it onto a thread. See if there are any differences.

I always use wordpad first because from time to time there is a computer “glitch” and a post won’t even make it at all to the thread.

Word is my tool of choice. But then I could hardly work anymore without spell check.

I would vote for Voice out of the Wilderness or James S. Saint to replace Felix when he leaves, which I hope is not soon.

Thks for the vote, but I’m not a politician (obviously).

And another example indicating a problem:

Warnings are supposed to serve a purpose. What actual purpose is actually served by that?