Christianity and Homosexuality

I’ve heard and read the poritons of the Bible claiming homosexuality as an atrocity. True, in the old testament, this is supposedly the word of God. However, in the new testament books, these are simply the opinions of apostles in letters written to each other. However, there’s one part of the Bible that the Christians must have forgotten about, I mean, that’s the only way they wouldn’t live by thse words as well

Starting with Matthew 7:1 "Judge not, that you be not judged. For with what judgement you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you. And why do you look at the speck in your broth’ers eye, but do ont consider the plank in your own eye. Or how can you say to your brother, let me remove the speck from your eye, and look a plank is in my own eye? hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye. Ending with Matthew chapter 7:5

Now, I’ve read all of Matthew, all of the Bible in fact, so I guess I must’ve missed something. Would one of you christians mind pointing out the verse in teh Bible that says, “Oh yeah, and before I forget, all Christians please completely neglect Matther Chapter 7, it’s just in there to make sure we look like an open minded group”? Sorry, but i haven’t been able to find that one yet, oh yeah, i forgot, I know why i haven’t found it, BECAUSE IT ISN’T THERE!! So to all those who judge and call others sinners, God will judge you and call you a sinner, and for those who condemn others, includign the homosexuals to hell, you will also be condemned to hell, look there in that passage, your own God called you a hypocrite!!! Hahahaha, where is you great Christian high and mighty errand now?

So by that logic, you can’t call a guy who killed your whole family a sinner??? As you’ll be the sinner! God I’ve LOVE Christianity! :evilfun:

If you look at what really pissed Jesus off! It wasn’t calling somebody a sinner!!! It was calling somebody a sinner, while you also committed the same sin!

To Jesus there is only one sinner in life; The Sin of Hypocrisy! Because sin to him is about being true to who you really are. If I don’t complain about my faults, but do complain when I see the same faults I have in others! That’s the sin!!! It’s that simple I can call somebody a Murderer and condemn them, so long as I don’t go then and commit the same sin! As then I will be damn! I’ll be damn by my own standards of what is right and wrong. I will be a hypocrite!

I think that it is best stated in Matthew 7 how we should look at others sin. I am an out and proud mother of 6 children (3 of which I birthed) and when I tell most Christians that, they tend to tsk tsk and feel sorry for my children.

Let me start by saying that I lived the better part of my life trying to conform to the ideology that society has placed upon us as humans and in the process, I managed to give my children low self esteem by example. They saw me with thier father truly unhappy, feeling like a failure and not loving myself at all. They picked up on that and adopted my way of thinking regardless to my constant uplifting of them. Once I left their dad, I struggled alone to take care of them (which wasn’t new I’d done this our whole relationship). They watched me day and night working and sometimes crying because of how my life turned out. I knew deep down that I couldn’t suppress my lesbian feelings any longer. So I ‘came out’ to my family and friends and my children. After about two years of learning myself and asking God to take this sinful nature away from me and send me what I needed, I accidentally met the woman of my dreams. She was just as spiritual as me. Having a hard time accepting this aspect of her life, just like me. And she had 3 children just like me. We connected on a level that I had never connected with anyone on all my life. And we have been together ever since.

I said all of that to say, NO ONE HAS THE RIGHT TO JUDGE OUR FAMILY OR LIFESTYLE BASED ON OTHER PEOPLES MISTAKES! I meet homosexuals all the time who make me ashamed to be a lesbian. My family has to worship the Creator at home because we aren’t welcome in churches in our neighborhood.

I think that Theoreticality said it best,

So those of you who just can’t help being judgmental and wishing for the downfall of our union, remember this. I doubt that the Creator would condemn me to an eternity of hellfire and damnation just for unconditionally loving this woman and her children and accepting them as my own. I think that what God wants is for us to lead a happy, spiritual and prosperous life. So please, think about that before you throw out words that hurt innocent children and tear down what they know as family. Or before you abandon helping people to realize the truth of God just because they live thier life differently than you. We are all God’s children and he loves us ALL!

Spiritualez. I’m glad that you have found your soul mate, i don’t think many people do. The gay community is frequently denied marriage, visitation, and other rights in this country. I hope one day this will change.