Christians: What would it take for you to no longer believe?

Christians: what type of evidence would atheists have to present or what would you need to discover to be convinced that Christianity is a lie and that God and Jesus don’t exist?

Some christians minds can be changed with a simple argument, but other christians need more. Some need to make it to “Judgement Day” and see what is there before they change their minds, if there is anything to change about it. Everybody is different.

It would have to be proven that Jesus of Nazareth was NOT the only man to arise from the dead bodily

Mutcer, what do you need to be convinced that God does exist? His existence has already been revealed to you…don’t you see?

This is the time that we have to consider God and what to believe. There are many minds and many questions. God knows the thoughts and intentions of the heart of every man and He discerns the motives. No one can believe unless God calls him. Apart from God and the power of the Holy Spirit, we have no ability to believe in God on our own. If we dig deep we know what we are…and are not. Ask the right question, then God can work and draw you to Himself. No one seeks after the things of God unless He is calling them.

Judgement day is reserved for the unbeliever and all will stand before Him on that day. Once this life ends, there is no second chance…you have already made up your mind in this physical life…you have made your own choice…your eternity is sealed.

Since the question at hand is asking, “what would it take for you to no longer believe,” it assumes that you already believe. After all, what is a Christian? If you don’t put your trust in Him, then who or what are you trusting in now?

How about we work on proving he DID to begin with and start from there?

Oh Mr. Snob, it was already proven! Jesus appeared to more than 500 people after three days in the tomb. Then He decended into hell and preached to the demons and then ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. Has any other human done this? NONE

600 people saw me do tha same thing.

What proof do you have that Jesus did rise from the dead?

I’ll think of a number from 1 to 1 million. You ask God what number I’m thinking of. Then when God tells you what number I’m thinking of, you tell me. If it is the number I was thinking of, then I’ll believe your all-knowing God exists.

What proof do you have that Jesus appeared to more than 500 people after three days in the tomb?

The Holy Scriptures, the Living Word of God. Recorded for us so that we could know Him and believe in the savior of our souls…believe and live

JOHN 11:43 And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth. 44 And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go.

MATTHEW 27:52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, 53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

Rational and truly logical thought concerning any such assertions.

But you can’t even come close, so why bother. If you were a rational or logical person, you wouldn’t be presenting this sermon (again and again and…).

I was raised Christian (Roman Catholic), but now I think its quite silly…
Jesus no longer exists, but there is little doubt (imo) that jesus was a real man, that did exist.

Excellent. Do you believe that this really happened as it was recorded by witnesses for us to know?

Jesus rose from the dead by His own power, and He never died again, but is a Living God. Lazarus was instructed by the power of God to rise, and then he eventually died again when it was his time. After Jesus was resurrected from the dead, the graves were opened, and all appeared to many witnesses as a testimony to show that Jesus, the Christ is the Son of God. However, they all died again. It was never intended for men to die when they were created. We were created to glorify and worship God. But because of our pride and disobedience, sin came into the world and we were cursed because of our sin. This is why Jesus came, to show us the way to eternal life through faith in His work on the cross through His blood to “wash” away our sin to make us acceptable to God the Father.

Do you believe this?

Not in the least. And neither should you now that I have shown you that Jesus was not “the only man to arise from the dead bodily”.

So we finally broke free from an eternity of being some kind of cheerleading squad for a tyrannical fairy…

[size=150]And you want us to go back?[/size]

You’ve made up your mind, I’m sorry for you. It’s your loss, Snob. [But it’s not too late…yet]