Come Back!

That would indeed be interesting! Can you name any?

The purpose of this thread couldn’t be any more obvious. Maybe you’re over thinking it.

I’m objective because I’m not attached. I merely state that whatever is said to the suicidal individual… he is really in control of his life. Even if you promote a philosophy of death and destruction, which is very common on ILP, you are still not responsible for his suicide.
Nobody owns your life… not your parents, your wife, your friends, the government, God… only you.

To get people to actively participate, instead of lurking if that is what they are doing,

That’s actually probably not far off, with the exception of those who may have been banned.

I almost wish you hadn’t taken the time to clarify. The question was meant to be derisive as the point of the thread couldn’t possibly be more obvious.

But, yeah, my hope is that at least some on the list are lurking so maybe they will see this thread.

Drusus,Druzus, Gobbo,Typist,Peache Nietzche, Film Snob,

Drusus had almost nothing of value to say ever, so I won’t cosign that one.

Typist, Peachie Nietzsche, and Pezer aka Film Snob were at least somewhat interesting though. They go on the list.

I missed this one somehow. I like V and think he still stops by on occasion. If not, he goes on the list.

I wish that I did not have to, but unfortunately things are so bad that it is necessary to stand up and say something.

The same can be said for stupidity and idiocy.

Afraid of a conspiracy???
It looks as of you want to get rid of somebody rather than getting others back here. Maybe you’re overthinking it.

A conspiracy about what? You didn’t answer my (very simple) question.

Read the fucking title of the thread and the content of my posts. Either you get the point or you don’t. If the latter, feel free to see yourself to another thread.

Gee, I hope it wasn’t anything I said. :wink:

Satyr.

Really? Or is that facetious? I’ve never actually engaged in discussion with Satyr, so everything I know about him is hearsay. Most don’t seem to have a favorable opinion though. I’d be curious to know why yours is different if it actually is.

Satyr admittedly is a tricky one. He comes off as blustering buffoon at times – just another rendition of the “objectivist” mentality to me – but he is obviously someone who thinks about those things that do interest him out in the deeper end of the “intellectual” pool.

Why he insists on being so boisterous, strident, arrogant, scornful etc. is what might be worth pursuing. I mean, it’s not like he is a Kid, right?

What do you mean by objectivist mentality? And why the scare quotes around objectivist?

More or less this: There is only one way in which to understand things and that’s the way I do. In Kids that’s excusable but over time the more intelligent are able to become more cynical about these things. Or realistic? Ironic?

Though most still tend to emphasize objectivism as reflective of the Ayn Rand mentality – epistemologically, metaphysically. Encompassed morally and politically in ideology, reason and idealism.

To answer your (very simple) question: I name myself. James is one of the very few people around here who don’t go with the mainstream and as far as I can assess it, he’s the only one who has s.th. new to offer. That made me interested in this site, and I know that there are more people who think like me.
But they shall decide themselves if they want to be on your black list.

And yes, I read the fucking title of your thread (your words). That’s why I was wondering about your second post, because you just seemed to look for your personal scapegoat.
But don’t worry. As merely your opinion is appreciated on your thread, I’m not going to post here anymore.

To bad you missed this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=183781&p=2418274&hilit=tralix#p2418274

I don’t recall him having an issue with James, though maybe I just failed to notice.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=181115&p=2360222&hilit=comeuppance#p2360222