coming out of the religious closet

-feels the love-

:laughing:

My advice is take this issue seriously. You’re not likely to agree with anyone on everything ever agian.

If you want to take a “philosophical” stance here. First you have to figure out if your mother counts as a rational intterlocitor- does she follow the basic rules of critical thinking. (If you don’t know the rules of criticial thinking buy a book.) If she does, then you should discuss with her. If she doesn’t then you under really no obligation to discuss it with her. Just continue to love her and make sure you get into a proper university.

Hi

Umm yeah maybe not your best move but you’ll be fine. What I’ve always done is acted the lie or if you come to believe in a different perspective on ‘god’ then that is always funny because people will never see my difference when I say ‘god’ and they say ‘God’. Your only 18 right? So take your time, do a lot of reading, enjoy those classes and run with your ideas.

EZ$

You say you’re 18? Well, welcome to adulthood!

Just be honest with her. If she can’t deal with conflicting ideas then she has a lot more growing up to do than you, my friend. Stand your ground, you are entitled to your beliefs.

Wish you luck.