Creativity: The Pregnant Mind

Our responsibility is perhaps another topic. We have a responsibility to deny their selfish desires and their frivolity towards our shared reality. But where are the checks and balances in the creative arenas? Yes, people want paper checks (big, fat bank checks) but not to actually check on the nature and implications of other people’s endeavors.

To be honest, I dont like your suggestion that creations of real genius are all of the present.

I never suggested what you don’t like, so there! :evilfun:

WendyDarling

OK . . . I started another thread on responsibility - my style, lol. Yes we do have a responsibility to deny their selfish desires. We do share this reality. I do not believe there are genuine checks and balances in the creative arenas. Fat bank checks - has turned money into an evil concept instead of the convenience it could have been.

I think people want too much freedom - I think people place to much emphasis on being individual - I think people are disgusted by each other . . .

. . . and yet . . . Hmm . . .

People have this most unquenchable need to be applauded, as you say. Applauded by other people - it is a temporary rush - like a drug.

How do we keep the loonies in check?

At this point, I don’t know. :-k Does this whole conundrum return to the essence of a soul?

Perhaps it does . . . I will have a question for you about that soon.

I’m all eyes. :smiley:

I asked in the essence thread.

WendyDarling

In this thread . . . Mother Earth cannot sustain such frivolity of forethought - as stated in the original post . . .

. . . it seems to me we are at this point . . . figuring out how to consider potential creations with forethought.

We could possibly start considering this in the essence thread and go from there.

:-k

What are your thoughts?

Is a person’s modus operandi established by their soul’s essence?

Wendy, I like what you say about creativity. The creations of a genius are loved, dare we say for good reason?

Hopefully, one day we can say loved…for ALL good reasons.

Wendy Darling wrote:

I don’t agree with this, Wendy unless I am misunderstanding you here,.
People, even geniuses, are only human. The human mind and body can only go so far then perhaps it will collapse/breakdown?

Anyway, why would you say that? Someone else could pick up where they left off - that is, if the innovation is something really important and vital to humanity.

That doesn’t make sense to me, Wendy. It almost appears to be saying that one is hugging or being too possessive of one’s achievements, even to the point of ego.
That just might be perhaps how the growth of progress becomes stunted.
Where would science or medicine be if we had thought that way.
It is no failure to be unable to go any further. It is only human but perhaps another could take up the torch or the baton as in a relay race.

Have you ever heard Sir Isaac Newton’s expression: “If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.”

I think that in a way there is no one who hasn’t achieved anything without having first stood on the shoulders of someone

Yes, there is. Think of it as belonging to the world at large, not to the person.

Again, is it possible that I am misunderstanding you?
Where is the gift which hasn’t been shared?

If I am misunderstanding you, please explain. Maybe it is just the language.

Mind is not something strange; it might be treated strangely, and even be mistreated, but these are symptoms of self-estrangement - after all mind is one-self.