Dangerous bigotry of all sorts and shapes.

Well old religions like Christianity, Islam and even Buddhism had been in danger of it and continues to fall in it doing the worse of atrocities in their name. I do know that. Though I still think it is oversimplistic and stupid to blame all of the atrocities of humanity to religion.

Now the most popular and vocal trend of atheism, even though most atheist would deny, is also in danger of this excess not seen since Communist Russia.

When all camps are in danger of being bigoted and being trigger-happy, how can we prevent people from being so?

Any thoughts on the roots and how to stop it?

Should we stop it?

People’s dillusion that they know what Truth and Good are. When we give up the idea that such concepts exist, then maybe things will get better.

I’m not sure we can stop people being bigoted, short of changing our genes. Then we have the problem, which genes should be changed and who will say which ones are good etc?

Bigotry is the result of irresponsible over confidence…

It is the result of random events. Random confusions.

In many ways it is unpreventable. How could you stop children from interacting naturally?

Bigotry seems like a delusion to most educated individuals…

We see it as resulting from incomplete or misguided views of the world combined with nasty generalisations…

How can we stop people from being ignorant?

We can guide tham as best we can… We can pass laws to prevent them from doing it legally…

Calling someone ignorant is ignorant in itself… A person is not conciously “ignorant”.

A “biggot” does not see himself as such.

He has a clear cut view of the world and his brain believes every ounce of it…

Biggots do not create themselves… Nor do non-biggots…

The only controlling force in the matter is the directional sway of the majority…

Zero tolerance is a logical joke… We can barely encourage the matter one way or another…