Deamonology

What are deamons???
Ghosts have been seen as orbs of light. And useing psychics and ouija boards can wake them up to the fact that they are dead. Those who hate their exsisace as dead will become hateful and spiteful and maybe polterguists. But deamons realize they are dead and don’t care. Their main goal is against God. They will manipulate logic in order to make Christians look bad. So psychology can tame the beast of deamons. After all they are just ignorantly thinking they are btter then God.

Have you ever done a study about shadow spirits vs light emiting spirits? Shadow spirits are usually the evil ones.

You can cleanse a spirit infested house with the name of Jesus. Plus I’d recomend opening it up to light. But, the power of Jesus is greater then the power of satan. One person told me that it has to do with their energy make up. That Jesus’s/ Gods energy is the wholest energy. And then it is a hier archey according to how they were created. But the more powerful and purer the energy, the more control they have over other spirits. For other spirits are missing some of the energy, and have to involentarily act to the more complete energy.

Exercism??? Spiritual ties. You can develope spiritual ties to the unholy by even watching satanic movies. But all spiritual ties have to be broken. Even sleeping with a evil person can give you strong spiritual ties to evil. So get anointed in oil and envoke the name of Jesus Christ to rid your soul of spiritual ties to evil.

What do deamons do to people?
They mess with their reasoning. They inspire hate and spitefulness. They say you are your own master, and then offer you all your impulsive actions as a way to joy.

Scape-goating, that’ll work.

Maybe the problem will go away, if I try to mentally transplant the responsability for it?

Are you Catholic, or Prodestant, or what?

You fail to see that calousness isn’t always from your own actions.
Yet also, Jesus would say it was your own fault for not turning to God.

My point was to cleanse yourself from the spiritual ties to deamons,… and not ignorantly poke around into the unknown.

Phil,your post is not faulty,really. You mentioned opening ones home up to light. Self evident to any scholar or student of the bible is the fact that it is declared that “God is light.” So, your suggestion makes sense to me.

Umm, while I will state that there are malevolent entities within this sector of the cosmos, I think it is also important to realize that all too often people use “demons” as a way out of taking personal responsibility. Humanity, despite what some might say, is not inherently good. Anyone with a rudimentary knowledge of the book of Genesis is aware of that fact.

Now, we can get into the whole “serpent deception” issue, if you want. However, it is important that the Gnostics, which, at least in my opinion, were the first Christians did not view the “serpent” in a negative light at all. So, I mean, the whole “serpent” issue is thorny in and of itself.

Phil, one of the things that you alluded to are what is known as “shadow” people. Now, for some reason, for at least the past three years, there have been increased sightings of these “shadow” entities and there is no real explanation for them.

I think much of these kind of sightings are a reflection of what is going on in the world today. To think that there will not be a reaction from the spiritual dimensions is faulty. There has been and there will continue to be a reaction.

SpeakerofTruth

This sounds plausible, but since I have never seen anybody do this even once, even among those people who believe demons exist, I guess I'm forced to disagree. I reckon it would be more common to run into this sort of thing in New Age mystic circles, and not mainstream Christian ones.

Most “New Agers” don’t believe in demons. Umm,I know because I am a “new age” Christian. See, you thought there was something odd,huh? :laughing:

Huhahahahhaah!!! :laughing: :laughing: lol:

Be that as it may, how many people have you met who blamed their personal failings or bad behavior on demons? You seemed to indicate it was a problem. :slight_smile:

I think it may very well nbe a probelm within the Christian community. When one looks at some of the language that they use in their writings and such, it seems that they blame Satan and “demons” more for their actions than their own culpibility.

Yeah, I know you think it might well be a problem. My question was, have you ever seen or talked to anyone who blamed Satan or a demon for their actions or culpability? You mention ‘writings and such’. Can you give me an example?

Well,Uccisore, you cannot read a book written by a Christian without Satan or “demons” being mentioned 5000+ times in it. Now,I believe that there is a Satan and I also think that there are malevolent spirits,but,come on, most Christians give Satan and “demons” more paper than the teachings of Christ!!

To me, that is a strong indication that somehow “demons” and Satan play an intrinsic role in people’s actions, according to most Christians. Now, to say that these forces have no role is as ludicrous as stating that these forces have complete control.

SpeakerOfTruth

I'm reading Divine Motivation Theory by Linda Zagzebski right now, she's a theist at least, and a Christian I suspect.  I've never seen Swinburne mention Satan or demons, Plantinga has mentioned them in passing. 
I have read many book by many different Christians, and none of them use demons to excuse human action. 
In fact, even the most explicit potential example of this, C.S. Lewis' The Screwtape Letters, in which every speaking character IS a demon, and the entire purpose for the existence of demons in the story is to lead men astray, does not argue that humans are not culpable for their actions. 

An example? Have the Christians here given Satan and demons more (electronic) paper than the teachings of Christ? The Christians in those books I mentioned have not either. Which Christians do you have in mind when you say this?

You could have just said, “No, Uccisore, I don’t know of even one example of a Christian blaming his actions on demons or Satan”. For you and I both know, that if you had even one example, you would have gleefully posted it here, and thus sealed your point.

Hal Lindsay is a good example. He has written on Satan,extensively. Certainly more than on the teachings of Christ.

Pat Robertson is another example.

Have either of them said that they, or someone else, are excused for their actions, or not culpable, because of Satan or demons?
Assuming they say it every single day of their lives, do you find no problem with using them as your examples of what ‘most Christians’ do?

Well, considering that such people as Pat Robertson is the stereotypical Christian, I would think that more than not, conform to his thoughts yeah. Uccisore, you seem to be implying that I am trying to put out some kind of a “hit” piece on Christians;I am just making an observation. I have no intent at all behind my criticism.

What I’m saying is that your observation isn’t an observation if you haven’t really observed what it is you’re claiming. If you can’t actually think of a situation in which a Christian claimed, in all sincerity and honesty, that “The Devil Made me do it!” then your original claim that

doesn’t have any merit too it. If neither of us can even think of it happening once, then no, it apparently does not happen ‘all too often’.

Also, claiming that Pat Robertson is a good stereotype for Christians, then using that to say that most people act like Pat Robertson is kind of circular. If I told you that most Christians think Pat Robertson is a dingbat, would you have any grounds with which to disagree?

I have absolutely no grounds at all to disagree with that. :laughing: :laughing:

:slight_smile:

The reason I was being a bit of a pain in the ass about that comment, is that it represents a common theme in religious discussion- the idea that we can 'decide' the consequences of a belief without actually looking at the people doing the believing.  You suspected that belief in demons led to a shirking of responsibility, even though apparently neither of us knows any Christians who behave that way.  Another example would be Christians who assume that because someone is an atheist, they must be immoral or hedonistic- without actually knowing any atheists that end up that way. 
Just in general, I'm against predicting how people will behave based on their beliefs, when instead we could just be [i]asking people [/i] how their beliefs affect their actions.

I can’t say that I know of any Christians that states, “Yeah, demons make us do the wicked that we do,” but I think it is somewhat implied throughout Christendom. I mean, why argue the existence of “demons” if you don’t have a motive. While I do think that there are malevolent spirits, it is not really an imperative part of my belief. For most Christians, I think it is imperative for there to be the existence of “demons.” I think there must be a reason for that neurotic need for there to be “demons.” You see what I am getting at?