Determinism and consciousness

In other words, we are determinism made aware of " itself"?

Evolution is a mix of determinism and fortuity. In the latter is free will.

The role of consciousness is to rise up and to struggle against entrophy. Perhaps in the early morning existence of our consciousness that belief was built in/necessary for our survival. It spurred us on.

Why does it trick us into believing we sometimes have total control? Beliefs are like that. They lie to us , we lie to ourselves, and we listen for our own comfort. We’re afraid to really face the beast, to become autonomous, to rise up against it and slay goliath.

Also, we just don’t think. :laughing:

We don’t have total control. For example: I don’t consciously will for my heart to beat. But we do have partial-control, i.e., moving our arms around, talking, etc.

The telos of consciousness is to resist entropy? I agree. All organic life is resisting entropy.

We don’t have ‘total’ control. For example: I don’t consciously will for my heart to beat. But we do have partial-control, e.g., moving our arms around, talking, etc.

The telos of consciousness is to resist entropy? I agree. All organic life is resisting entropy.

It fascinates me as to how often women speak the truth that has been said a thousand times and ignored yet have almost no capacity to know why it is true. :laughing:

Consciousness is a part of the controlling mechanism. Any dichotomy that separates consciousness from the other decision making factors is destine to fail and fall. It is like asking what “really” controls the car’s motion; the driver, the engine, or the road? It is the question of a naive, narrow mind.