Determinism

Let’s consider the bare bones of her argument (aside from being able to prove compatiblism)…

Who benefits most from non judgement ?

drumroll

Psychopaths.

That ends the whole book and thesis.

It’s that fucking simple.

People are not psychopaths at birth Ecmandu. It takes an environment that encourages this behavior in many subtle and not so subtle ways. You don’t have a clue what this knowledge can accomplish so please butt out!

_
Pood, is Silhouette… which explains his engineered personal-attack towards me,
regarding climate change v local climate… and all because I called him a Beta male, once.
The coward didn’t even defend his position, in reply. Such a spiteful human being.

Was it then determined from that point onwards, that he was fated to make his Alpha Male thread?

I know you have no idea about his other two discoveries. What surprises me is that unless I join this forum, you’re not interested. Why do you need anyone to determine other than you yourself whether something has validity? I like you pood but I don’t get it. I know your answer. No need to respond. :frowning:

The brain-computer duel: Do we have free will?
Source: Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin
At the Science Daily website

Unfortunately, however…

Most of us come upon information like this but we really have little or no capacity to react to it other than as men and women who are not neuroscientists or researchers with the education and background to study the brain in a far more sophisticated manner.

So, for us, it’s still “maybe…maybe not”.

But that “point of no return” is always right at or near the top of all the considerations we must take into account in order to pin down whether you either “chose” or chose or “chose” to read these words.

And then, for some, the assumption that at this point, God is the fountainhead.

For me though here’s the thing…

Suppose neuroscientists, beyond “computer-based brain experiments”, are able to establish that there is a point reached where you and I really do have the capacity to choose which direction our brains take us?

We may not grasp how nature was able to bring this all about – God? – but there it is: actual human autonomy.

Peacegirl: Regardless of the point of no return, when that point comes, how can our choice be free to do otherwise? Answer me!

Iambiguous: Is Unfortunately, however…

Most of us come upon information like this but we really have little or no capacity to react to it other than as men and women who are not neuroscientists or researchers with the education and background to study the brain in a far more sophisticated manner

Peacegirl: This is such bullshit!

Iambiguous: So, for us, it’s still “maybe…maybe not”.

But that “point of no return” is always right at or near the top of all the considerations we must take into account in order to pin down whether you either “chose” or chose or “chose” to read these words.

Peacegirl: More bullshit!

Iambiguous: And then, for some, the assumption that at this point, God is the fountainhead.

Suppose neuroscientists, beyond “computer-based brain experiments”, are able to establish that there is a point reached where you and I really do have the capacity to choose which direction our brains take us?

Peacegirl: We have the capacity to choose (the ability to contemplate options). The choice we make determines the direction we go, but in a No FREE WILL WAY which you refuse to contemplate. It’s too scary for you.

Iambiguous: We may not grasp how nature was able to bring this all about – God? – but there it is: actual human autonomy.

Peacegirl: There you go again using the word autonomy in a very unfamiliar way. You are terrified that you don’t have free will which is why you can’t let go.

Click.

Come on, you hold us in utter contempt! Or, rather, those here who don’t think exactly like BitChute, Fox News and all the other ultra-conservative Trumpworld sources rooted in your own fulminating fanatic brainwashed mind command us to think.

We’re not just wrong, but wrong times a thousand…even before the discussions begin! In a real deal free will world, you chose that username, not me.

Look, you can’t grasp this now, but I’m actually trying to free you…from yourself! To actually allow you to think for yourself!!

Well, assuming free will and the implications of dasein of course.

And that you don’t have a “condition”.

Okay, it’s “all about me”. But what does that have to do with this:

What the hell happened between you? Why, if how she explained the ordeal to me unfolded as it did, would she ever have anything to do with you again? I must be missing something. And, when, like me, you are waiting for godot, sometimes things like this get stuck in your head and [foolishly] you keep picking at them.

No.

In an email to me she wrote:

“I’m feeling a bit guilty about what I said to you a few days ago so I’d like to take this opportunity to apologize. I’m still not sure why you reacted how you did when I withdrew from the thread but I know that none of us are perfect, and that very much includes me too.”

Bottom line: Because there is a part of me that does tend to “stalk” people philosophically – my win/win syndrome – Maia and I have “collapsed” a few times. True enough. But then on a new thread we’ll pick our spiritual/philosophical/political exchanges back up again.

But to the best of my knowledge she has never contacted management here to ban me. And she has never accused me of stalking her sexually. She has never expressed a deep concern with her decision to provide me with all the personal information about herself.

No, instead, in my view, Maia’s concern about me is that I might one day be more successful in bringing her down into the “fractured and fragmented” philosophical hole that I am in before she can possibly succeed in bringing me up out of it.

Alright…

You want to get into this with me?

A sociopath is a person SOCIALIZED to be anti social.

A psychopath is BORN that way.

Almost everyone on earth was BORN to be antisocial.

But I’m being kind in my speech…

I’m calling you sociopaths.

Click.

Just for the record, I no longer read your posts. I didn’t read this one.

I gave you ample opportunity to demonstrate to me that you are not just another “fulminating fanatic objectivist” clinging to your own font – the author – in order to anchor your own Precious Self to that which allows you to sustain [psychologically] some measure of comfort and consolation.

I have almost no doubt that you will take this with you all the way to the grave. You are that weak, in my view.

Note to others:

If, on the other hand, she ever does post something you feel might actually be of interest to me, please bring it to my attention.

You know, given a real deal free will world.

Peacegirl: Regardless of the point of no return, when that point comes, how can our choice be free to do otherwise? Answer me!

Iambiguous: Is Unfortunately, however…

Most of us come upon information like this but we really have little or no capacity to react to it other than as men and women who are not neuroscientists or researchers with the education and background to study the brain in a far more sophisticated manner

Peacegirl: This is such bullshit!

Iambiguous: So, for us, it’s still “maybe…maybe not”.

Peacegirl: More bullshit!

Iambiguous: And then, for some, the assumption that at this point, God is the fountainhead.

Peacegirl: We have the capacity to choose (the ability to contemplate options). The choice we make determines the direction we go, but in a No FREE WILL WAY which you refuse to contemplate. It’s too scary for you.

Iambiguous: We may not grasp how nature was able to bring this all about – God? – but there it is: actual human autonomy.

Peacegirl: There you go again using the word autonomy in a very unfamiliar way. You are terrified that you don’t have free will which is why you can’t let go.
[/quote]
Iambiguous: Click.

Just for the record, I no longer read your posts. I didn’t read this one.

Peacegirl: You never read anything. No surprise.

Iambiguous: I gave you ample opportunity to demonstrate to me that you are not just another “fulminating fanatic objectivist” clinging to your own font – the author – in order to anchor your own Precious Self to that which allows you to sustain [psychologically] some measure of comfort and consolation.

Peacegirl: I don’t have to demonstrate anything to you when you read nothing!

Iambiguous: I have almost no doubt that you will take this with you all the way to the grave. You are that weak, in my view.

Peacegirl: You are the weak one.

Iambiguous: Note to others:

If, on the other hand, she ever does post something you feel might actually be of interest to me, please bring it to my attention.

You know, given a real deal free will world.

Peacegirl: Stop posting in my thread. Create a new subject line and post whatever you want. We will never have to cross paths again.

Note to nature:

Support me in my request!

PG,

You don’t debate. You realize that, right?

I’m the John Wick of debate.

“Tell them, tell them all, I’ll debate them, I’ll debate them all, and I’ll win”

“I know you will John”

yes, but have you not read the first three chapters, yet?

It doesn’t take very much intelligence to understand that understanding no freewill means “peace for everyone” is the ramblings of a sadistic, narcissistic psychopath.

And also a person who doesn’t understand things like philosophic zombies (no sense of will) cannot actually be a sentient being.

We are self recursive creatures. As death once told me… (we’ve met each other on several occasions)…

“You can’t choose what happens to you, only how you respond to it”

To which I reply 15 years later (and a lot wiser) “how you respond to it determines what happens next. Can you determine how I’ll respond?”

yes, but have you not read the first three chapters, yet? $

The book is the tree.

PG is the fruit.

Everytime I defeat PG, PG tells me to leave the thread, when PG can’t respond to what I’ve said.

You can know the tree by it’s fruits.

Good god, peacegirl, I AM interested in discussing this with you, just not HERE. This place is a shit hole. I am inviting you to discuss it at a place where the trolls that infest THIS PLACE will not be tolerated AT THAT PLACE, so we can discuss WITHOUT TROLLS. How hard is that for you to understand??

As I say, it’s up to you, but I’m done explaining this.

Or its fruitcakes?

Sorry. Even if nature didn’t compel me to post that, I probably couldn’t have resisted of my own free will.

As for defeating others, having had personal interactions with, among others, God and the Buddha, doesn’t that give you an unfair advantage?

Might I suggest to them – of my own free will? – that they take the PM route.

And then when everything is resolved peacegirl can bring the objective truth here and pood there.

Then we can all sit back and see if Evil itself is vanquished.

Or, rather, our children’s children can. Given that, as I recall, it will take at least a hundred years for that to happen.

Let’s consider the bare bones of her argument (aside from being able to prove compatiblism)…

Who benefits most from non judgement ?

drumroll

Psychopaths.

That ends the whole book and thesis.

It’s that fucking simple.
[/quote]
Peacegirl: People are not sociopaths at birth Ecmandu. It takes an environment that encourages this behavior in many subtle and not so subtle ways. You don’t have a clue what this knowledge can accomplish so please butt out!
[/quote]
Ecmandu: Alright…

You want to get into this with me?

A sociopath is a person SOCIALIZED to be anti social.

A psychopath is BORN that way.

Almost everyone on earth was BORN to be antisocial.

But I’m being kind in my speech…

I’m calling you sociopaths.

Peacegirl: You’re off-base Ecmandu. You cannot prove that a newborn baby is a born psychopath. In actual fact, you cannot prove that a psychopath couldn’t have have been a saint growing up in a different environment.

Pood, I think I was at this forum at one point. Trust me, this is not my first rodeo. Please understand that I have no desire do this again in a forum type venue. I can answer your questions here. Just ignore the static. We can still communicate.