Do we dream less as we get older?

Again, all I can do here is to extrapolate from my past experiences with those that “I” construe to be objectivists. The irony here being that I do not believe that Maia is herself an objectivist. I have far more respect for her own understanding of the life that she lives than for all of the “Coalition of Truth” dittoheads that now pervade ILP.

And to the extent that you honestly believe that my own at times brutally grim assessment of an essentially meaningless and purposeless existence reflects the height of narcissism and self-esteem, well, that merely exposes just how little you grasp the “for all practical purposes” reality of moral nihilism. Of a fractured and fragmented “I” embodied in this:

Though, yeah, given my past experiences with those of your ilk I am still inclined to believe it is that which they are ever intent on distancing themselves from.

If only becasue I have to deal with the brutal consequences [on both sides of the grave] of still thinking like I do myself.

Biggie, himself, has “a condition?” :laughing: Irony cannot get anymore iron.

Like I said, flies.

Why “Joe”?

Well, that’s the last of them. From now on I have to make up the names myself.

More irony with a tinge of serendipity, that’s my middle name without the “e” so kindly leave that off during your rounds of ongoing insults.

That’s the iambiguous mantra of meaninglessness. You keep mumbling that to yourself over and over as you take yet another excursion around whatever circle of your personal hell you’re on.

Hey man, don’t hate me cause I spit the truth.

You fake Vietnam going scum collector.

I still have that $1000 for you.

And leave the girl alone you fat fucking creepy nerd.

*Cue tantrum.

Strangely enough, I almost feel the need to apologize to Maia that dreck of this sort keeps popping up of late on a thread she created.

On the other hand [sigh] better theirs than mine?

What Dreams Are Like When You’re Blind
By Cari Romm
In New York magazine

Again, the truly profound [and, eventually, problematic] manner in which the biological and the experiential can be played out in so many different ways for so many different people. The part where some things seems applicable to all of us and the part where, however hard we attempt to communicate our own dream experiences, there are some barriers beyond which we cannot go. Here we can only come to an agreement about what the dreams seem to be telling us. I merely suggest in turn that we steer clear of those who claim to be experts in interpreting dreams when they have themselves have almost no real understanding of our own situation. You can be blind or sighted and have very similar dreams. Just experienced with a different set of senses. But they can never be experienced and understood in the same way.

So, is that something that you yourself can relate to? And what if a dream construed to be a nightmare by some is experienced by others as being anything but. Still, what I am doing now is prompting myself before I fall asleep to notice sensual cues that are not visual. I’m curious to see if that is something that can actually be enhanced.

Yes, we are way less creepy than you are.

And less cringy too, holy fuck, some of the things you have written this girl.

That actually strikes me as an interesting experiment. I have been interested in hypnagogic phenomena for a while.

Now here’s a quandary. Above you were accusing me of violating Maia’s boundaries by continuing the thread. And yet here you are continuing it yourself.

But that’s how our reactions to these things are to me: inherently problematic.

In both cases I told you what I thought about it. People act the way they want not the way I want.

Ah, a rationalization!

Yeah, I use them myself.

Blindsight: the strangest form of consciousness
David Robson at the BBC Future website

Of course for those who were once sighted and then lost their vision, it is possible to explore the reality of both worlds. Though, again, these realities are no less rooted in what can certainly be very, very different sets of circumstances. So the part pertaining to dasein is always going to be an important component of anything that they relate to us.

Thus, as always, it comes down to that which we are able to demonstrate to others is a reasonable point of view.

On the other hand, even that has to come to grips with the “hidden depths of the human mind”. The mystery of mind – consciousness – itself.

Here we are entering the realm of…Dr. Oliver Sacks? The world of Awakenings and men who mistake their wives for hats. A surreal exploration into the often mind-boggling manner in which the brain itself can create “conditions” almost beyond imagining. Think, for example, Leonard in Memento. Now imagine him sharing Daniel’s affliction as well.

Actually, to the best of my knowledge, I never “wen” anywhere.

So, do you have anything at all to offer in the way of an opinion regarding the existential relationship between sense deprivation, dasein and human identity?

Or is being a fly on the wall here as deep as you’re prepared to go?

So it’s confirmed then, your whole Vietnam story is a cowardly falsehood? I get to keep my $1000?

Note to others:

Not to worry. Although I can’t shoo the flies away from the thread, I can ignore them.

How about starting…now.