Documentaries

How Art Made the World
archive.org/details/HowArtMadeT … man…avi

0123movies.st/serie/how-art-mad … ching.html (last episode: To Death and Back)

Civilizations - BBC, 2018 (documentary on artistic representations throughout history)

1. Second Moment of Creation (ancient art and its evolution in the West) - dailymotion.com/video/x6iwco0
  2. How Do We Look? (representing the human body)- dailymotion.com/video/x6j4nvn
  3. Picturing Paradise (role of landscape art) - dailymotion.com/video/x6fqng2
  4. Eye of Faith (art in religion) - dailymotion.com/video/x6g1wiu
  5. The Triumph of Art (Renaissance) - dailymotion.com/video/x6iwcmc
  6. First Contact (trade and interactions of cultures in art) - dailymotion.com/video/x6g1wiu
  7. Radiance (on use of colors) - dailymotion.com/video/x6l6lql
  8. The Cult of Progress (influence of industrial age and urban life) - dailymotion.com/video/x6l6lqm
  9. Vital Spark (art in the modern world) - dailymotion.com/video/x6j216b

Out of Fiery Furnace:
youtube.com/watch?v=4vDDMYyhLBw

Ha, this is great stuff.

On a Bronze Age Collapse
youtube.com/watch?v=jt1aWllpChs
Another (lecture) version
youtube.com/watch?v=bRcu-ysocX4

My first conclusion is that it appears that even the collapse of civilization does not permanently halt technological innovation and progress (it only pauses it); bringing me to a reluctant realization that technological progress may not really be stopped in the long run. So, to use Kaczynski’s metaphor, perhaps the real answer lies in humans stop being alcoholics in the first place. (Is it possible?) Globalization definitely plays a major role here, as it only accelerates the process.
Also, if the Western Civilization does collapse, I do not believe that the East will take over the stage in the world history, as I do not see the crucial element of innovation present there as its defining factor. It may adopt Western technology, but I do not believe that it will really evolve it, or significantly surpass it.

That’s insightful.

Its consistent with my law of increasing structural integrity.

Entropy may take down the whole environment but lessons will be learned by survivors / certain elements in the environment will absorb some of the crucial things that played to the collapse and simply advance their standing knowledge with knowledge of the event and their part in it - same in physics, a star system collapses, all that simple atomed order gone, but it spits out heavy metals.

history.co.uk/ - an interesting watch. :open_mouth:

Investigators circle the globe in search of evidence in their quest to determine whether life on Earth began in outer space and if aliens influenced mankind in ancient times. Did extraterrestrial beings visit Earth and share information about technology and influence human religions? And more importantly, if aliens visited the planet before, will they return? Alien theorists believe that the answer to both questions is a resounding yes.

First episode date: 20 April 2010

Narrated by: Robert Clotworthy

Network: History/Blaze

vimeo.com/79051482

This documentary blew my mind.

Gotta love a bonafide scholar.

Beautiful