Double J

What happened to JohnJones?

I was hoping this was a thread about massive tits :wink:

And metaphorically speaking I suppose I wasn’t that far off… hmm.
Anyhow, JohnJones is dead and we have killed him.

…What was holiest and mightiest out of all the world has yet owned has bled to death under our knives! …Who will wipe this blood off of us? What water is there for us to clean ourselves? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we have to invent?

I will miss him like a bird singing by a river on a lazy afternoon drift. What a shame.

Wipe the blood off? Lets us lick it off, then find some more.

Not for me. I’ve got my eyes open for real philosophical talent.

When you find one, let me know, I’ll be happy to dine on their flesh.

There’s skinny dipping. Then there’s the sacred game of gathering up all of the leaves and throwing them at each other and singing…ah…ah…ah…tis frivolity and letting go that atones for our sins. Free again.

Which of you is the bird?

JJ is the bird.

But don’t you think that any bird singing by a river on a lazy afternoon drift would return to that same river?
If I were a bird, I would. There may be other rivers, but they each have their uniqueness for the bird.
The swallows always return to capistrano and homing pideons will travel hundreds of miles in all kinds of weather to return home. Each bird has his own river place that he calls ‘home’ to him…
And especially when they drink of that river…it calls them home because it flows through them.

He’s still going strong on his blog. Some recognisable themes.

I had a lot more time for him than many, he had/has some interesting ideas. It was just infuriating to many that he didn’t care to back them up.

I thought he backed himself up on occassion—the occassion being when he actually needed to. And other times… it was like what David Lewis (I think) said after he started talking about “possible worlds” —“it’s hard to refute an incredulous stare”. JJ was getting a discussion forum’s equivalent of an incredulous stare, in some cases.