Dream of the Hidden Treasure

Basically i am not sure where this thread belongs, so i put it here. And, i do not mind mods shifiting it where they want.

I am sure that it would be interesting for the members.

Some days back, a some sort of sage and social worker had a dream of a hidden treasure. He told that he was very worried about the worsening economic condition. So, at one night, the passed away king of that region came into his dream and told him about the hidden treasure buried during his era in the palace nearby. The king specifically told that man that the treasure consists of more than 1000 Tons of Gold and it could be used for public purposes.

That man wrote the letter to all the authorities including Reserve (central) Bank of India, Prime Minister office and Archeological departent also.

The team of Archeological department visited the site and did some preliminary tests without digging and the department is telling that the tests are hugely positive for Gold. So they decided to carry on further. They have been demarcated and cordoned of the site and digging would be start by tomorrow, though it would be manual and very slow.

I would keep an eye on this and would report if they would come up with anything significant via this thread.

with love,
sanjay

Keep us updated Sanjay (and if you get a piece of the gold, be sure to distribute it around ILP :smiley:).

Some links would be helpful too.

Gib,

Alhough this site is not very far from where i live and about 120 miles away but no chance of getting anything as the whole area in under security cover.

This move of the government is being criticized heavily in the media and intellectual circles as they are following the dream, so the Archeological department came out with some clarifications today.

They are saying that they have some positive indications around 100 square meter area as their machines are giving readings there. There is something Matalic and Non-Magnatic there for sure between the depths of 5 meters to 20 meters but they are not sure of gold.

By the way, the excavation has been started today and they cleared the first 6 inches of the earth.

I am not aware of any links but you can check the sites of Indian news papers for that; Times of India, Hindustan Times, Indian express and The Hindu.

with love,
sanjay

By today, they have excavated sligtly more than one meter of the earth. Noting special so far. They found an old wall buried there.

The satements of the Arc department are changing contantly. Now they are saying that all this is being done only for antiquities.

with love,
sanjay

Yesterday was the 9th day of the excavation. They have digged the earth upto the deapth upto 2.54 meters. Nothing significant has been found yet, except some old bricks, earth pots and toys.

with love,
sanjay

I’m not particularly skeptical about this kind of Dream, however the literal takign of the Dream might be problematic. But I’ll root for them finding a literal treasure.

Moreno,

I am sure that that is precisely what is going to be the argument of the Arc department.

with love,
sanjay

I too will be following this thread for your updates Sanjay… very interesting.

The Arc deptt. has been digged up to the death of almost 5 meters. Nothing special is found so far. The earth is changing as the upper creast is gone now and a hard and somewhat rocky type of layer is there now.

The deptt. is saying that they would dig only one meter more. it means that today is the last day.

with love,
sanjay

Not a very thrilling update, which I was expecting, but understandable if nothing is materialising…

The site has been excavated by one meter more. The total depth is almpst 6 meters now. Noting special.

The excavation has been stopped. There is no clear cut indication from the department what they are going to do next.

A total anti climax.

I do not know whether it is true or not but some channels are reporting that Arc deptt. is waiting for Geological deptt. to come in and give them some further clues about the next stie for excavation within the same premises.

With love,
sanjay

Arc like archeology. How deep do they estimate it? Have you get any idea?   If it's 5-20 why would they stop @5?  That's like wishful thinking.  It's even a wasteful project.

Their initial estimate was that there may be something between 5-20 meters. But, they stopped at 6.

The reason is that the upper soft layer of the earth is gone and it is rocks now below that. The logic is if something was buried there even 200 years ago, the rocks must be found dismantled more or less. But, they found no indication of it. The earth is perfectly virgin there. So, they decided to stop any further excavation, at least at that very point.

with love,
sanjay

The cleric, who saw the dream about the treasure, today said through one of his followers (because, he never comes in the front of media) that he can make this treasure available within four hours. But, there are some condintions.

First, remove ASI and GSI from the site.
Secondly, everything should be done in his presence and according to him too.
Thirdly, all excavation should be done only by the army and covered by cctv cameras.

Now, this is interestring.

with love,
sanjay

So, after doing some more testing for last few days, finally Arc deptt. officially announced that they are totally done with that site. They are putting the earth back.

Total anti-climax.

with love,
sanjay

Did anyone get to talk to the cleric or one of his followers again?

Yes. You know that nowdays media can even try to interview people sleeping in their graves.

The cleric is still firm at his claim. He is saying that remove all govt, departments. Put cctv all around and bring military in. He would make the gold available within some hours.

That is a different issue that he wants some share of it for himself and that region also!

with love,
sanjay

Sad to hear it. Maybe there’ll be a moment when the interest is re awakened.

FC,

The cleric and his followers are still making all types of claims but it is most unlikely that government will thake them seriously now after making a mockery of itself.

with love,
sanjay

I suppose they have to stop at some level of certainty for want of credibility and maybe other considerations.