Equanimity

Osho was a Buddhist and he was far from an Apollonian. Everything points to the fact that he was a notorious Dionysian, very absorbed in the sensual.

Consider Chapter No. 5 in his book “From Sex to Superconsciousness”:
balbro.com/s2s/s2s2.htm

The chapter is titled “From repression to emancipation”.

Here’s an excerpt:

Another guru. Osho said pretty things but engaged in destructive behavior. He:

1. Used drugs (Valium and nitrous oxide)
  2. Committed suicide
  3. Drove his last girlfriend to suicide
  4. Insisted on abortion of his pregnant girlfriends

He also exhibited self-aggrandizing paranoic ideas (the government was out to get him because of his ‘transformational’ and ‘liberating’ ideas). If life is so wonderful, as he claimed, why be so destructive yourself? If he’s sensual, it’s also a destructive and selfish type of sensuality. This is also why you can’t trust drug users, no matter how enlightened or insightful they are. Their words and actions often don’t match. If the view eventually leads to self destruction (and likely originates from it), whether physical or psychological, how is it a superior view, if only for a high that it gives, which would make it akin to any feel-good drug? And originally driven by what? Overwhelming joy and happiness? I think not. Through words, he gave people what they wanted, on a shiny platter, but he couldn’t hide his own true nature which betrayed his facade. Anyway, this is my take on him, and this is also why I’m wary of Nietzche as well.

How is that relevant?

You brought up another cult leader in this thread. Why?
Why do such shady characters keep showing up in this thread?

Buddhism, and its idea of equanimity is used today as a weapon of compassion baiting, or using compassion as a form of passive aggression, and you have to be wary of that. It’s not innocent.
It’s now used to pursue rainbow agenda and normalize victimhood and passivity, all of which are portrayed as positive aspects of Buddhism. Sensitivity, tolerance, forgiveness, generosity, selflessness, understanding, equanimity, blah, blah, all seeen in Buddhism as values to live by. If you go that way, I will assume you have already sought your own end.