Ethics applied to Economics

There have been some new developments since I wrote the above post.

The athor, a Princeton graduate, has received a very-favorable reception since the book was publiished. He made the front-page of the book section of The Chicago Tribune; and has been invited to present the case for his proposal on several speaking platforms.

I got a copy of the book, started reading, and found “I couldn’t put it down!” The book is very-well, even excellently, written: It is extremely readable, is well-documented and footnoted to back up and justify every claim made! The title, once again, is OUR FAIR SHARE. I especially was impressed by how willing and ready the author was to adapt and adjust the benefit, the Citizen’s Dividend, to what would realistically make an acceptable impact with respect to what citizens want and need. Philosophical Pragmatists would be pleased!! The efforts proposed are ethically-sensitive as well as realistic and ‘in touch.’ It anticipates objections and criticisms and has a counter-argument for each.

If you obtained a copy of this book, or its audio, or ebook for Kindle version, and looked it over, what was your impression of it?
I, for one, would like to be informed of your experience with this fresh, novel, visionary yet practical, proposal. …and tthe argument made for it.

Here, for your convenience, is a link to the work:
gGo to this site, read the reviews, and reflect upn, consider, the proposal set forth:
amazon.com/Our-Fair-Share-E … 767&sr=1-1
https:.

Have just become aware of a new development as Ethics is applied in the Economic/Financial field:

Workers who are owners, in the worker co-op movement, now have a new tool at their disposal. They can take advantage of this free course to enable them to make better presentations for recruiting more personnel to join the business. See this page for further details, and take the free course if you want to be a part of the movement:
courses.institute.coop/p/financ … ff3747cd62

Let us know if this was helpful in your spreading the word that something good is happening on the American scene.
Are you doing anything to help make the world more ethical?

Came upon this very-interesting article which you may find to be helpful on the theme of this thread.

Check it out. Let us know your impressions of it.

[b]See: - earthbound.report/2012/10/17/a- … tribution/

Your feedback is requested…[/b]

Professional philosophers draw distinctions between concepts. It is part of what they do.

The writers of the essay linked to in the previous post, just above, function as philosophers. In fact they do some serious philosophy: they draw a distinction between two concepts. Those concepts are “distribution” and “predistribution.”

Here is another report that does the same:

https://equitablegrowth.org/predistribution/

These writings define the difference in these two social policies, and they argue well that predistribution is the better path to take.

An example where this predistribution policy works in practice is in Japan. The discussion in the earlier link, the one in the preceding post, explains why it is a success there. This concept is a case of Ethics applied to economics.

Hope you enjoyed reading both reports.

Was the distinction made clear in those reports? Do you now grasp the distinction? Do you agree with their conclusion?