Existence...

:sunglasses:

Thank you for understanding what may be rattling to most.

Sorry, handling quotes and such confuses me, so I’m messy. And your posts are mega-long which requires more scrolling than is legally acceptable. Too, tooo, tooo long. Did I mention too long?

Some words/phrasing above is off but too hard to find where I typed it so it remains as it is.

Been trying to work through the chaos/order dilemma, leaning to all order but not in our understanding of unity, but that may be off because of how simple the truth is in general and how crazy overlooked the logical reasons and proofs are which makes me think that something in Denmark is rotten. Why are smart people taught to pull the wool over their eyes? Science keeps them from recognizing obvious truths, using elementary reasoning, why?

[EDIT] For crimony’s(sp.?) sake, why so dang long? Yes, to your “I agree with…” :sunglasses:

What does it mean for X to exist or for Y to not exist?
What about either determines whether it exists or not?

It’s conscious choice. How it becomes our reality’s not currently my department but if I get transferred to another dept., I’ll let you know. :wink:

A rock exists because it consciously chose to? :confused:

I am sorry I was mean to Wendy and thanks for the reply Gib, I will answer it in my thread because with this paraphrasing this will become a shithouse very soon in this thread.

employ them and let me see i am wrong bro, i might not understand…i am quite limited…

No, consciousness chose the rocks(no consciousness) existence and did not endow it with the semi-consciousness of biological beings.

That was not the question I asked - not how something comes into existence - but rather - what property must be included in order for something to exist? - what property does every existing thing share that distinguishes them from the non-existent?

Um, I do not know what the essence of consciousness is beyond understanding or order. Shared order. I was using a patchwork quilt to provide a visual, all made of the same kind of fabric.

I wrote a reply to gib here
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 0#p2827440

Giblet,

We gotta’ chat more about this. You are close to getting it completely, ever so close. The ‘other’ are what doesn’t exist and will never exist, essentially ideas that never materialize.

The only non-existent things are ideas. “Other” ideas that never materialize. And I didn’t pick which ones materialize.

An actual unicorn will never materialize, but in terms of ‘other’, the thought of the unicorn is one “other.” The difference between what exists and doesn’t exist.

Other than Gib, is anyone understanding any of what I have said?

Wendy,

There’s a dimension of imagination that’s not substantiated.

And?

Unsubstantiated ideas are the otherness that makes multiplicity possible.

And part of what makes consciousness possible.

Any ideas about the other part/s?

Strange loops.

Can you explain the power or energy involved in consciousness? Mind if we discuss the core of consciousness?

There’s nothing to explain. Even a sidewalk is conscious. Everything is (except eternal forms).

Eternal forms are non sentient aspects of existence that allow us to keep continuity for objects and also allow for categories (such as - these are all trees).

Consciousness is, and it’s self evident.

Self recursion can only happen with strange loops… something that feeds back on itself from multiple dimensions.

Look at a Möbius strip … it is both one and two and three dimensional at the same time and it feeds back on itself.