Expectations Become Reality

Our mind’s expectations dictate reality – not just subjectively but also mystically and realistically.
When we communicate our personal dilemmas to other people, they give us feedback based not on their own personal beliefs - but instead based on our own expectations of what they would say.

The way the Collective Unconscious operates is a awkwardly opposite of Conscious Intuition; yet it still leads to the same end result (albeit through a different means). The Collective Unconscious leaves it up to the individual to determine his or her own confidence in the way they communicate, and it is this confidence which dictates how meaningful feedback from others will be. The responses of other people (and the sincerity contained within those responses) will change dramatically from things as simple as minor fluctuations in an individual’s tone of voice or facial expressions - even if the words a person uses are exactly the same.
The Collective Unconscious is capable of pin-pointing exactly where another person’s paradigm is set in a conversation as soon as enough information is given away; and perhaps our alleged “inability or failure to communicate” is rather dissonance occurring at the subconscious level.

The Collective Unconscious is an endlessly spinning wheel in which no individual can find rest within their mind’s paradigm except for a few moments. For even in a state of humility, the collective unconscious will determine that the individual becomes something just as counter-productive as humility is productive – perhaps humility inevitably leads to absent-mindedness and carelessness.

A state of “Self Actualization” or Nirvana only endures for as long as things remain exactly the same in the world - or not very long. As soon as the playing field shifts (which it unavoidably does), we are hurled back out into the chaos to try and reconstruct ourselves again.

I like that, ~ the world lends itself to ones persuasion.

wouldn’t their considerations have the same impetus ~ given that ones mind dictates reality.

To me, what you said - especially the title you gave, “Expectations Become Reality,” is the closest to my reality concerning reality than I have ever see before. Of course I don’t mean those who already see things the way I do. What do you think of the following? How close do you see it to your beliefs??

“The whole physical reality is created by our beliefs.”

Wow! I try to find another who sees beliefs = reality and I have to choose someone who “comes close,” and here I find someone who apparently believes exactly like I do about the mind creating reality. Am I mistaken?

What I meant was that if one mind creates reality then all minds create reality upon the same basis ~ if that were the case. we shouldnt expect dictum of one mind over another, because each would have the same thing.

I don’t think mind creates reality, more reality creates mind. However its kinda like ‘god creates man in his own image’ ~ but not that, more, reality creates mind which contains and can understand the manner in which it were created. There is something about reality which is like mind and vice versa, but I would say reality is mind, that’s different in its entirety.

Thank you for answering my question. Could you answer this one? "Does the whole physical universe lie completely within our head? More specifically, within our brain?

I’ll chip in.

I do not think the whole physical existence lies within our head. I think our awareness of the physical is completely within our heads. This is to say, our senses’ have sketched aspects of reality to the best of their ability, and all the mind has access to is the sketches. The sketches however, are not reality, just the senses’ interpretation of reality.

Does that make sense?

However, we can compare sketches with other people, and find common ground.

Yes, in a way it does. The senses take pictures, shows them to the brain and the brain shows the pictures to us and convinces us that they are not pictures, but the real thing?

The process of the senses reacting to the environment and sending information through chemicals to the brain is real. The picture itself exists within reality, but the contents of the picture, are only as accurate as the senses can react to the environment.

If a man goes blind, does that mean that in reality, there is no light? I would say, of course not.

Is darkness still a picture of reality? Yes, it’s a picture taken by a sense that’s ability to react with it’s environment, has been altered.

Hey man, thanks for answering my questions. I really appreciate it.

Hello Bodhimalik,

Out of curiousity; do you feel that it would follow that the other sensory phenomena of light would infer it’s existence external to the mind?

[quote=“Doubledip”]

[quote="BodhimalikHello Bodhimalik,

Out of curiousity; do you feel that it would follow that the other sensory phenomena of light would infer it’s existence external to the mind?[/quote]
I thought long and hard about this and I really have no logical idea as to which way it would go. I am kinda hazy on what you meant by “other sensory phenomena of light” and that could be why I cannot give a definitive answer to that.

I apologise I will clarify: by the other sensory phenomena of light (if it could be conceived that way I admit) I refer to our other senses as an incidator of it. E.g. heat, I would think. If a blind man holds his hand over a candle (and he knows it is a candle) does it not follow that light exists external to him; regardless of if he can conceive/perceive it or not? Or would you say that only the sensation of heat being felt by his hand exists?

Oh, yeah. I don’t see it that way, that he sees light. I would say that your last sentence would be the correct one.

Could you tell me if you have an unseen by me motive for asking this? Something on your mind, or just curiousity?

Error - not my fault either.

Well I was just thinking: Does it follow from “light cannot be conceived or sensed” that therefore “no light exists”?; to me it seems we can only so far infer “my current conception of light cannot be conceived or sensed”. There are millions of blind individuals who cannot conceive light by your conception, and yet light for all accounts exists.

Where did you get the quote, “light cannot beconceived or sensed”? Did you surmise that from something I said, or did you get it somewhere else?

You know, not that this discussion pertains to it per se, but in another sense it does. The “it” I am referring to is the oddity that solid things are mostly empty space and any matter taken to its lowest level disappears, leaving only energy.

Also, the fact that we cannot find the largest thing, nor the smallest, suggests to me an illusion, as does the solid not being “there.”

I also a impressed with the idea that we don’t see what is “out there” at all. What we see is the light that is reflected from say, a flower, and not the flower itself.

Then we have the “fact” that we don’t see, hear, feel or taste untll the brain tells us we do. This tells me that the whole physical universe is contained completely within my skull, that that “out there” is an out and out illusion. One of the things that is “out there” is our brain. So that’s pretty weird.

And we all know that we can create space and time, populated with speaking people, running water, and moving automobiles. We do that every night when we are sleeping. Are we then, dreaming this?

So when we talk of “Is there light when it cannot be seen,” that’s kinda hard to say. I would be more inclined to ask, “do we dream of light existing?”

It is my interpretation of your post. Was it wrong?

I think seeing as light rays and particles exist external to my mind and reality - I do not know how that can realistically be the case. When the tree fell in the forest it made a sound; regardless of if anyone heard it.

As far as the tree falling in the forest making a sound, what happens is that the tree falls, generating pulsing air pressure which hits the ear drum causing it to vibrate which nudges the anvil and stirrip in the inner ear which massages the cilia which generates electrochemical reactions, sending electrons into the brain and only then is sound produced.

We only see, hear, feel, taste, etc, when the brain tells us we do. We do not see with our eyes nor do we hear with our ears, nor do we taste with our tongues nor feel with our fingers. It’s all done in the brain.

In fact, there is no way we can tell whether there is anything at all “out there”. We have to use our senses to check, but we sense with our brain, not with our senses.

The eye detects vibrations of light. The brain detects form and color. I see a yellow pencil.

The ear detects pulsing air pressure. The brain detects sound. I hear music.

The nerves in the skin detects mass and solidity. The brain detects warm flesh. I feel the touch of a loved one.

I find existence to be a magic impossibility which makes life a little more fascinating, searching out the numerous and varied impossibilities that is found everywhere in existence.