Free Will and Jesus Christ's Judgement Criteria

imagine a juvenile, imperfect god at a table with a bunch of play doh. he also has a little gauntlet set up with little paddles swinging around and walls to climb and those cool frisbee saw blades from indiana jones.

he makes tons of little guys out of play doh, then he sends them through the gauntlet. since they arent created equally, many make it through and many dont. the guys who make it through the whole gauntlet are showered with love and pleasure for the next hour before baby god gets bored and smothers them into an omnisoul. the rest are left as residue to cake onto the gauntlet. the whole point of this exercise was to dispose of the crappy play doh men and enjoy the company of the righteous ones.

god created a bunch of souls and their supernatural free will machines. god runs us all through this gauntlet, waiting patiently to see how we turn out. some of the souls that he created are not good enough to receive his rewards. he created them and their environment and they turned out wrong. he also created me, and i will turn out just fine. he created at least one crappy play doh man and sent that poor thing to run the gauntlet and the guy got eviscerated by the paddles.

either god created a crappy man who was unable to handle the same paddles that i was able to handle, or god actually subjected that guy to a completely different gauntlet than the one i am breezing through.

i think what christians will say at this point is that god creates things unequally. there are two separate values that determine the god given uncontrollable things about our lives. god gives me a weak free will but an easy life. he gives asian slave boy a much stronger free will and a much harder life. is this what the bible says? why havent i ever heard it before?

if thats not what the bible says, then this is a huge dillemma. if all humans are supposedly created equal, and also judged on the exact same criteria, and then subjected to gauntlets of wildly varying intensity, clearly god is a jackass. if god, in his imperfection, creates play doh men that are broken, that have ‘worse’ free wills, and he just chucks them away after causing them tons of pain, what an asswipe!

clearly there is no way that god is like this or else im not worshipping him. well i guess i would since im on his good side, but still, its not right. so either we have reincarnation and its much more complicated than this, or the free will machine inside people is not equal and its quality inversely depends on the quality of the life of the person. bad life=born with extra good free will, good life=born with crappier free will.

what i want to know is, has christianity ever said anything like this? that god gives different ‘meta-behavior’ to people who he gave different lives to? or is everybodys free will exactly equal and their response to their surroundings will be judged absolutely and not relatively?

if christians give me the correct answer, my problem will soon be ‘wow thats a complicated and hard working god’. i think it would be much easier to simply say that people are purely a product of their environment instead of saying that god inserts a free will machine that is exactly appropriate for their life. god would have to make a distinct level of good/bad free will for each distinct quality of life. there are lots of degrees of life quality, probably almost as many different degrees as there have been lives.

I suppose God told you that you’re on his good side? :smiley:

considering that some people starve for 5 years and thats their whole entire life and my life looks like this, yeah id say thats a sign that god cares about giving me a good life more than he cares about giving somalians a good life.

I’m not sure that your circumstances versus a child in Somalia’s circumstances are a sign that God favors you in the cosmic scheme of things.

its a sign that he if he judges me and somalians on the same scale, i am going to come out on top simply because of the effect that my god-given life has provided for me. somalians are taught that they must kill or be killed, steal or starve. so they kill and starve just like i would in their position.

lucky for me, i have never been in that position and most likely wont. i will only be in a position where my resources are overflowing and its so easy to donate them because there are so much.

when we get to heaven, and St Peter’s book simply says the name of the soul and how many good/bad deeds were done, mine is going to say “donated lots of homework help, spare clothes and some money” (which would be pathedically ungenerous of me) and next to the somalian it would say “stole 5 loaves of bread. never gave anything to anybody”

if god judges based on that, i am better at being god than he is. if he does not judge based on that, and its a complex system of changing the “free will machine” connected to each soul according to how hard their life is, then id say its simpler to just believe that there isnt any free will. and basically, ive never heard christians say such a thing so i was wondering if they do.

its a sign that he if he judges me and somalians on the same scale, i am going to come out on top simply because of the effect that my god-given life has provided for me. somalians are taught that they must kill or be killed, steal or starve. so they kill and starve just like i would in their position.

lucky for me, i have never been in that position and most likely wont. i will only be in a position where my resources are overflowing and its so easy to donate them because there are so much.

when we get to heaven, and St Peter’s book simply says the name of the soul and how many good/bad deeds were done, mine is going to say “donated lots of homework help, spare clothes and some money” (which would be pathedically ungenerous of me) and next to the somalian it would say “stole 5 loaves of bread. never gave anything to anybody”

if god judges based on that, i am better at being god than he is. if he does not judge based on that, and its a complex system of changing the “free will machine” connected to each soul according to how hard their life is, then id say its simpler to just believe that there isnt any free will. and basically, ive never heard christians say such a thing so i was wondering if they do.

Free will is what defines humanity. I have a choice to do right or wrong, just as you do. The same goes for a somalian, who despite being taught that he must kill or be killed, and to steal to survive, has the choice to do right or wrong.

It seems to me that you are blaming the world’s suffering on God, when in reality, it is your responsibility to heal that hurt and suffering. No, God doesn’t like to see people suffer, but if you take a cursory glance at human history, it’s not hard to deduce that we have done a great job of screwing things up.

I suppose what I’m trying to say is: stop blaming God, and go out and help that poor somalian. You say you’ll never be in that position, well you could be in that position. Pack up your stuff and leave for Somalia, and go HELP that person. Don’t sit around and wonder why God is so cruel to him.

im not saying god should stop hurting people, i understand that humans did that and its our repsonsibility to fix it. what im saying is that if humans messed with somalians so that they are more likely to kill than rich americans are, and god judges both the somalian and me on the same exact scale, then thats not fair. thats not what a loving, all powerful god does. its what a total dumbass does who has no idea what he is doing. if god judges me on the exact same scale as a somalian, he is retarded. this is undeniable.

what i want to know is, do christians agree with this? do they say god will punish the somalian for stealing bread exactly the same as he would punish me for stealing the same amount of bread if i dont need it at all and the somalian will painfully die if he doesnt?