Gitmo detainees return to murder

Found this recently and there are other articles detailing how detainees abuse our troops. I will report further when I locate more evidence.

:unamused: REPORT: One UK Bomber Was Recent GITMO Release
7 July 2005; 12:54 ET: Preliminary reports from a source inside the Pentagon indicate that one of the operatives involved in this morning’s bombings in London was recently released from the prison at Guantanamo.

UPDATED 10:35 PM ET: A clarification was made by the source providing this information, noting that “one of the bombers who is believed to be involved in this attack was recently released from the prison at Guantanamo, Cuba.” The source did not elaborate about how the suspect was reportedly identified so early, although suggested he was onboard bus 30 that exploded outside of the British Medical Association at 9:47 local time. We are continuing our investigation.

Should we release them or keep them incarcerated for the duration of hostilities similar to any other war?

I had to read that post twice! Amazing.

Has anymore been said about this, or was it a helium filled thought balloon, the kind that - the more it floats, the further it gets away. But you remember seeing it at one time.

As for the issue itself. It seems wrong to me to incarcerate someone for a crime they haven’t committed yet (and may never commit). Just seems like something Stalin would pull.

How can you say that! That’s anti-american!

We better pull the funding from amnesty international and the Internatiol Red Cross before they can spread any more of those nasty lies of us being like Stalin!

Did one think that maybe they go back to their violent behavior because of the treatment at gitmo?

Too logical? god I hate that.

:sunglasses: Good point Gate, but we are in a time of war and historically this is allowed. Refutes accepted, please just no personal insults. :sunglasses:

The very fact that you think that sort of thing is okay (even temporarily) is a sign that ‘teh terr0rists win1!!!111’.

Franklin said: “They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary
security, deserve neither liberty or security.”

I would argue that they who would remove an essential liberty from others are just as bad.

[.quote]Hum, I thought it was Jefferson.
[/quote]

You might want to brush up on the American Revolution. The “Patriots” did incarcerate possible spies and those against the cause without trial during the fighting. Again, I reiterate, in a time of war security supercedes much legal process and liberty. This was true during all our conflicts. :sunglasses:

Prisoners of war notwithstanding, The fact that we’ve done it before to civvies doesn’t make it just.

Perhaps if the detainees at gitmo received POW status it wouldn’t bother me so much; it really makes us look like asses when we treat detainees like dirt. If we’re going to play the moral high ground card, we need to back it up.