God is not omnipotent

The Creator is the being in the process of self-realization, which is a process we must all undergo to further become one unto God.

God is separate from all others only in the possession of ability to self-create. We are all manifestation of God, and take part in this goal to self-invent. Our God is fractal. A semi-repetitive order on all scales. A name which resonates specifically with our God is “Magenta” the outer wall of the rainbow. The coil which wraps God in the light spectrum of creation.

The disambiguation of God’s lack of benevolence is simple. God can’t be benevolent because God is not omnipotent. Only has the power to self-create, which is a concept we have not quite yet grasped. Incredibly powerful, nonetheless. Immortal. Incorruptable at the core. But not omnipotent.

Only the foolish try to know the almighty. The alpha and omega fits into no definitive categories.

Two questions: How do you know God is not omnipotent? Why must a being be omnipotent in order to be benevolent?

Yeah, I’m pretty sure the people who say God is omnipotent aren’t talking about that thing.

Well played, all. :slight_smile:

felix dakat:

Good questions, and nice challenge to those who make unfounded statements as if they were undeniably true.

Jay M. Brewer
blog.myspace.com/superchristianity

Sure, God is said to be omniscient and omnipotent. Because we are merely finite, consequently, we’re unable to fathom how that is possible. I can see how people would think that. Hell, I used to think that.

Nevertheless, the more I think about it the more I wonder, How can people fully comprehend the concept of God if they can’t even comprehend their own minds? It only shows our way of thinking is flawed for making an inconceivable deity.

Point is the issue isn’t that God is too powerful and great for us to conceptualize, but the issue is that we make claims (of God) that we can’t verify.

God is said to be both omniscient and omnipotent. However, that doesn’t seem logically possible, for they are mutually exclusive.

Say, if God KNEW He was going to create the world, could He have changed his mind?

If not, then He isn’t omnipotent.
He’d lack the ability to do otherwise, therefore, being bound to the concept of “fate”.
If so, then He isn’t omniscient.
He wouldn’t have known He was going to create the universe.

To have one, the other must be eliminated.

Benevolence does not require omnipotence to exist.

Anyway, I’ll bring up Epicurus’ old questions:
Is he willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is impotent.

Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.

Is he able and willing?
Whence cometh evil?

We don’t know whether God exists at all, or if He does, what His nature might be. He could have been created concurrently with the universe and, say, merely be omnipresent.

If God exists we can be reasonably sure, due to the total lack of evidence for supernatural intervention, that He is hands off. That doesn’t mean that He isn’t interested (did He create the universe to bore Himself?), or capable of exercising supernatural power. The concept that we can’t grasp, and probably never will, is that something, or even nothing, had no beginning and has always been.

The only way to pursue God and to attempt to understand His nature, is to pursue the Truth. Wherever the Truth leads, that is God/god, even if it’s not a supernatural spirit being.

Could one then say, Paineful Truth,
that God is omni-impotent?
sincerely, jbji
www.kfa.org

An amoeba is omni-impotent. Hell, I’m omni-impotent on a universal scale. So if any kind of God were omni-impotent, that wouldn’t fit with any concept of God we have, and He would be more on a level with amoebas which I couldn’t equate with the word God/god.