Gradual Withdrawal From The Other Continents

The usa needs to start gradually withdrawing from europe, asia, africa, the middle east. The usa needs to concentrate on this hemisphere…
The usa is paying attention to the rest of the world
and we are sinking at home…

The western hemisphere is our salvation…

What do you think ILP???

Gagarin.

You’re suggesting isolationism, Turtle. But is isolationism any longer possible?

i am suggesting that we gradually withdraw miitary forces from around the world… i am not proposing isolationism…

sorry i pushed the wrong button…

With great power comes great responsibility. - Spiderman (from Uncle Ben)

The problem is: the world is round. The more you withdraw from Europe the closer you get to Asia and vice versa. All I request is that you lose some weight you obese monstrosities.

I’ve often read that the military industry is the main pillar of the US economy. So I would think it will keep expanding its military presence around the world until another pillar is found to suit the interests of the corporations who do the weapon manufacturing.

Turtle, I agree we should gradually withdraw troops from around the world–and remember, please, that I’m an Army brat. although I’m approaching an age where my non-brat life will exceed my brat-life.

There are various problems with what you suggest, not the least of which is how much our Military contributes to the economies of the countries they inhabit. Then there are the mutual defense pacts and other sorts of military agreements.

But the most important thing, imm, is how do we take a supposedly highly trained technical work force and plunk them down into a world that hires from off-shore?